Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2015, 10:09 PM   #1

No power to one end of a fuse holder

I replaced my porch light on my 2004 Fleetwood Fiesta today with a new LED model. Well, the light doesn't work, and neither does the other two galley lights or roof fan in the skylight over the stove. All this stuff worked before the installation.

All the fuses in the control panel under the wardrobe closet are good, and I used a test light to check both ends of the fuse receptacles in the circuit board. The one that controls the galley lights (and I assume the porch light) only lights up the test light on the bottom part of the fuse holder, not the top. The equivalent fuse holders for the bedroom, bathroom and living room lights, light up the test light at both ends of the holder.

I have checked the fuses under the hood, and they are all okay. None of the "mini-fuses" beside the brake pedal light up the test light at all, but since nothing else is non-functioning, I don't think that is the problem.

Anyone have any ideas? Pretty frustrating to have this outcome on a very simple project. I also posted a variation of this on the Fleetwood owner's board, but there was little response. This is probably more of a generic issue, so will try here. Thanks!!
terryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 10:17 PM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
Sounds like a blown fuse...
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:34 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Why have you not replaced the fuse? It is so simple.

Find another fuse (same color=same amperage) and swap.

All good fuses will have 12v on each side (the little piece of metal.

Also remember that some (not all) LEDs are polarity sensitive.

Regards,

Dan
Old 07-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
Why have you not replaced the fuse? It is so simple.

Find another fuse (same color=same amperage) and swap.

All good fuses will have 12v on each side (the little piece of metal.

Also remember that some (not all) LEDs are polarity sensitive.

Regards,

Dan
Thanks, Dan. Yes, it was a polarity issue. I assumed that the black wire feeding the old light would attach to the black wire on the new one. Not the case. Switched them around, and everything works fine, now.
terryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryl View Post
Thanks, Dan. Yes, it was a polarity issue. I assumed that the black wire feeding the old light would attach to the black wire on the new one. Not the case. Switched them around, and everything works fine, now.

Good to hear

Dan

Tags
fuse, power