Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2021, 04:16 PM   #1

No Power to the bathroom Fantastic Fan

We have a 2007 Simba Safari 37 PDB. There is no power to the bathroom fan. Checked the fuses, all good. Checked the 12 volt line coming in to the fan, no power. Anyone have this issue or have a wiring diagram for this coach?
Lees Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have probably worked on fifty fantastic fans. 90% of the time it was the switch in the hinge that was slightly corroded ad not making contact. Cleaning the switch usually fixed the problem.
Old 06-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fantastic fans have two common problems. First is that switch as mentioned in the previous post. The second in in the wall mounted control switch control where a wire has become disconnected from its PC board and needs to be re-soldered.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:44 PM   #4

Plan B is always a book of matches.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:28 AM   #5

Lees Farm

I think the ground wire is not grounding properly. I can make the fan run by ground the ground wire to the metal fan housing. Can you eliminate the rain sensor control unit and just put in 3 speed fan control unit?
Old 06-22-2021, 10:33 AM   #6

I have power to unit. I think the ground wire is not grounded. I can make the fan run buy grounding the unit to metal fan housing. Can I eliminate the rain sensor control system and just put a 3 speed control switch?
Old 06-22-2021, 03:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees Farm View Post
We have a 2007 Simba Safari 37 PDB. There is no power to the bathroom fan. Checked the fuses, all good. Checked the 12 volt line coming in to the fan, no power. Anyone have this issue or have a wiring diagram for this coach?

Have you checked power at switch? If no power 99.9 % a fuse.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #8

Go to main power and grounds that may be paired in crimp butt connectors test there where issue may be or at the light daisy chain of grounds. My issue was the thermostats on both I don't remember if it broke the ground wire or power wire. But pretty sure it was ground so try bypassing it , if its in the vent and has bulb , then it fails open . As I repaired thermostats and replaced both fan blades the daisy chain in crimp connectors became apparent with lights dropping out.
In case thermo here is link actual part # for FF order was cancelled from only place that showed stock. This one matches tag from OEM by the way they accepted $20ea offer for a pair.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-INVENSYS....m46890.l49286
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, no power, power