Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #1

No slides

I have a 34' Airex MH with no slides. I wondered if anyone had any secrets that made a no slide MH feel more spacious, or anything you do to make it more liviable?
Xpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #2

Trade for one with slides lol

But seriously, is changiing the booth to chairs an option? That should add some room couch to recliners , maybe not good suggestions but I tried

Good luck
Tsronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #3

Take out the bathroom and kitchen!

How's that for a first post?
1FastGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #4

Camp by yourself or carry less stuff.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #5

Get a Patty-o-room.

A&E Patty-O-Room - Outdoor Awning Room - PPL Motor Homes
Old 02-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #6

Our 31 ft Hurricane 30Q also has no slides. (didn't want them). Here are my suggestions.

1) Keep things put up in the cabinets. The more stuff cluttering up the place makes the space look filled.

2) Turn the front seats around to either face the rear or each other. It helps to open up the front space.

3) If practicle keep the curtains/shades OPEN to let the light in so you can see out.

Less stuff, more light will make a big difference.

Tom

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #7

It's just me and my little dog in my no-slide 30' coach. Have occasional visitors, but ive never felt cramped. Here's some of what i did:

1 - Took out the never-used swivel recliner (behind passenger seat) and that opened up a tremendous amount of space in front part of coach.

2 - Recovered window valences, dinette cushions, and couch in lighter colors; was previously a dark blue/burgundy fabric. (I scotch-guarded new upholstery, btw, so no stains.)

3 - Made new curtains for windshield in a light-colored, medium-weight fabric. I do like my privacy, but I hate black-out curtains. So even with front curtain closed the outside light still filters in, creating more sense of space.

4 - Painted interior walls in a lighter color, and accented other areas in darker color for some contrast.

5 - Removed all dark brown carpeting, replaced with wood laminate in light natural oak. Having more light reflect off floor creates idea of more space.

6 - I keep blinds/curtains open all the time when possible. Again, more light helps.

7 - I keep front door open all the time so more light (and fresh air) can enter through screen door.

8 - In bedroom i replaced bedding -- you guessed it -- with lighter colors.

9 - The other person's suggestion to avoid clutter and store away all things is great idea. Above all else, stay tidy and clean.

10 - Take advantage of cupboards, closets, storage bays. Try to stay organized, and only carry what is needed.

11 - Swing around driver and pass seats so they face into the living area, and push them back (toward dash) as far as possible. That way the tall backs of the seats won't create a visual barrier.

12 - Sizable skylight in shower makes shower and hall seem more spacious.

------
Well, that's about all remember for now. Hope it gives you some ideas. Just as an fyi, I never really wanted a RV with slides; I like my time in my rv to be basic -- comfortable, but basic. Happy RVing! :-)
Old 02-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am a no-slides 'happy camper'. I don't full time. My Allegro is a 30 footer.
I find that with the DW, myself and 2 little dogs: The bedroom, shower, and bathroom have plenty of room - just keep everything picked-up and neat. The kitchen area is adequate.
I wish the living room was a couple feet wider. Previous posts have the basics (keep stuff picked up and stored in closets/drawers, keep curtains open, swivel chairs, etc). Too make more room I would like to remove the booth, use nice fold-up chairs and a fold down table, and install lite color hardwood floors - someday but not a pressing matter. I do have and use a portable screen room for more outdoor living (10X10). They are inexpensive, but take up room in the basement storage.
I also find there is plenty of room when it is just myself and a couple grand kids. I think the DW and dogs ........well you get the idea :>)
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #9

Ours has no slides, as O/P's said keep things put up especally off the floor. Also if more than one person in the coach there is only room for one person at a time to be up and walking around, or in the kitchen. We have had slides on other coaches, had this one over 6 years and haven't missed them yet.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
We have no slides and do not travel full time.

We find keeping things picked up and put away removes clutter and increases space perception.

Also, we do not close the window coverings in the saloon and galley except to exclude sunshine caused heat.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote