Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #1

No Tail lights and no rear marker lights

Hi, I need your help, tried to get someone from Tiffin service for 2 days now and still waiting. My problem is, I don't have any tail lights working and can't find the fuse, checked my manual, but could not find anything about it. Has anybody an idea where the fuse is located? Thanks a lot in advance.
matho22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matho22 View Post
Hi, I need your help, tried to get someone from Tiffin service for 2 days now and still waiting. My problem is, I don't have any tail lights working and can't find the fuse, checked my manual, but could not find anything about it. Has anybody an idea where the fuse is located? Thanks a lot in advance.

What is yr. ,make, model & chassis
Smittydos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:22 PM   #3

Hi, it's a 2011 Allegro Bus QGP, has a Powerglide chassis. Thanks for your support.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Not sure where to look in a Tiffin but - have you checked the wires at the light - could have come loose there.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/79...o.html?page=72

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/2015...ox-335635.html

Best of Luck,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #5

Don't know if this will help, do u have center storage below radio, remove the lower storage and should reveal a fuse box may have a black cover on it
Old 01-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #6

Hi Buskipper, thanks for your reply, checked the wires as best as I can reach them, can't see any issues.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #7

Hi zproud, thanks for your reply, but I don't have any fuses at this place you described.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi, it's a 2011 Allegro Bus QGP, has a Powerglide chassis. Thanks for your support.

Does your Motorhome have a wiring box in a compartment outside below the drivers floor? Open that compartment and access the cover of the box inside.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:55 PM   #9

Hi Smittydos, thanks for your response, there is a compartment below the drivers floor, but all the fuses belong to the front of the coach as I see, please watch here https://drive.google.com/file/d/19MH...ew?usp=sharing
On the passenger side the last compartment at the end of the coach has fuses for the rear coach, but nothing to find about my not working tail- and rear marker lights https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hit...ew?usp=sharing
Old 01-30-2018, 06:06 PM   #10

Try the first bay forward of the rear wheels on the passenger side. Thats where the fuses for the trailer lights, slides and some other things are. I have a freightliner chassis, but if you've looked everywhere else, it's worth a try.

Fleetwood told me that everything provided by Freightliner is in this bay. That includes fuses for lighting, ECM, TCM, etc.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
Try the first bay forward of the rear wheels on the passenger side. Thats where the fuses for the trailer lights, slides and some other things are. I have a freightliner chassis, but if you've looked everywhere else, it's worth a try.

Fleetwood told me that everything provided by Freightliner is in this bay. That includes fuses for lighting, ECM, TCM, etc.
rc,
Not all Freightliner chassis coaches are wired the same or, have particular fuses in the same location. For instance, our 2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD with the C-7 330HP, has the "TCM" and all trailer plug fuses etc. in the rear, left corner of the coach, under a louvered panel (that panel is leuvered due to the dash air condenser being housed there). Once that panel is hinged up, that will reveal where those fuses are.

All of my other fuses, relays etc. that pertain to the turn signals and many, many other functions are in the very front left compartment.

So, his, being an Allegro coach, could be anywhere. It will be interesting to find out where, once the OP has located them.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Hi Smittydos, thanks for your response, there is a compartment below the drivers floor, but all the fuses belong to the front of the coach as I see, please watch here https://drive.google.com/file/d/19MH...ew?usp=sharing
On the passenger side the last compartment at the end of the coach has fuses for the rear coach, but nothing to find about my not working tail- and rear marker lights https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hit...ew?usp=sharing

The rear photo shows on the description board under MUX4 marker lites and tail lites position 3 & 6. Have you pulled the two black covers to right of row of maxi fuses you should find fuses and or distribution terminals that reflect what MUX4 shows.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:20 PM   #13

Do you own a 12 Volt (stab)Test Light. Find the fuse or contact positions and see if they are on when engine is running and parking and/or tail lights are on. Let me know how it goes. Good luck I am calling it a night. But I will check your response tomarrow.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:14 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Follow the wiring from the taillights back to the frame. I had a Phaeton and the wiring for the all the lights in the rear cap wiring harness, plug into the chassis wiring harness. This plug was poorly wrapped when constructed and water infiltrated the plug and rotted the connections. I had to cut out the old plug and install a new automotive plug.
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, tail lights