RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2020, 10:09 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
No water to washing machine

Have a 2016 Allegro and canít get water to washing machine. Have checked and opened valves under bathroom sink, but no success. Have water to sink.
Is it possible that washing machine may be preventing water to reach machine?
Greencastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 11:17 AM   #2

You would have to turn off the water valve for the washer, remove the water hose to the washer, and putting it in a bucket, turn the valve back on. That's the only way to find out where the problem is.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, it's possible there is a washer problem. Do the test as recommended by HarryStone and if there is water there then chances are the water inlet solenoid valve is not working.

Is it doing this on both hot and cold water? The odds of both solenoid valves going out at the same time are pretty high.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
There should be a access panel above the back of the machine. There are water valves back there.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:08 PM   #5

Have you ever had water to it or used it.?
I have a water manifold that can't shut off nearly every item or cold besides a shared cold feed or two.
Slightly improbable that both screens would be plugged. But if your going to remove hoses there are removable small screen cylinders pushed into rear washing mach. inlets remove by grabbing small tab with pliers. I had one of my garden hose type gaskets leak after dewinterizing . I would recommend changing gaskets cleaning the trap screens while behind machine.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:13 PM   #6

^^^Yep, our water valves for the W/D are behind the unit in the rear closet. I had to pull a panel from the inside of the closet and still couldn't get enough room to tighten the connections. Had to pull the unit out 6" to access the valves. This was a good time to clean/vacuum out the inaccessible vent hose as well...lint a plenty.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:46 PM   #7

Couple yes ago I had both H& C inlet solenoids fail on a Whirlpool washer. They worked fine in fall and NG in spring. Only thing a could conclude was the alcohol based pink AF affected swelled the seals and caused the problem.
I found the valves online and had them shipped to a planned stop and scheduled a mobile tech appointment.
Access was from the top of the washer and didn't have remove the washer completely only slide it about halfway out onto a plywood platform on a plastic crate & spaced up to match the cabinet height.
I had doors removed and provided assist to a mobile tech that had dryer out, solenoids replaced & tested and W & D back in place in less than 1 hour.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:36 PM   #8

If it was functional in the past and you have no water now. Make sure there is water into the valve on the back of the machine. Make sure the valve passes the water thru to the drum.
Sounds similar to a repair I did at our laundromat this morning.. Hope itís helpful
R90rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
You would have to turn off the water valve for the washer, remove the water hose to the washer, and putting it in a bucket, turn the valve back on. That's the only way to find out where the problem is.
I will do as you suggest
Old 09-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Yes, it's possible there is a washer problem. Do the test as recommended by HarryStone and if there is water there then chances are the water inlet solenoid valve is not working.

Is it doing this on both hot and cold water? The odds of both solenoid valves going out at the same time are pretty high.
Will do as Harry recommends then next step will be to check inlet solenoid valves

Tags
water