Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #1

Norcold 1200 LP/AC Itasca Mederian 07

Looking for the location of the fuse that would control the change over from LP to AC. I have Good power and working LP, but when I connect and select either "Auto or AC" I get the fault "no ac". Was told there is an automotive type fuse 5-6 amp fuse that might be the problem. Need to find it. Thanks, Ken
Kenfocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What refer brand? On a Norcold there is a small black box on the back that has a couple fuses in it that control the input power. They are the old style glass ones. I had to go to Radio Shack to find them. As I remember they were 250 volt ones but it's been some years since I looked inside that box.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Well, is there ac power?? Your Norcold gets its ac from a wall outlet in the back of the fridge compartment, and it would not be the first time I found that outlet to be cold for a variety of reasons. Are you sure it's hot? Plug a blow drier (or any portable 120v device) into it and see. If not, make sure there is no tripped circuit breaker. My ice maker also gets its power from a second 120v wall outlet near the first. Try plugging the refer in there, they are on different CBs.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:33 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
F3 - 5 amp fuse

Check the fuse labeled F3 on the powerboard. You'll have to remove the outside refer. cover to gain access. There is a black plastic cover that you'll need to carefully remove. Take photos or label your wires for putting it back together. The fuse is located on the left side of the board, just off center.

Here's a photo:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norcold 1200 Power Board.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	148744
kf6ybl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
My Norcold 1200LRIM -- (which has had an AHMISH coil for a year now -- which is great)
also has a small inline fuse in the 110V hot wire.

The 110V wall box where my unit is plugged into, gets power through a small round push button breaker on the outside on my BCC (battery control center) located in a rear compartment adjacent to the batteries. (but separated by an internal panel for safety.

Yours of course will vary as you can see different RV's have slightly different electrical setups.
Dale70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, norcold