Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2020, 10:33 PM   #15

I have been unimpressed with Tiffin's technical help. I filled out their online form asking for help on how to remove my freshwater tank. They haven't answered in over a month. I had another message that wasn't answered a couple years ago. These are the only two times I have written them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If you want responses, writing is not the way to go. In this day & age, nobody has the time to write back. It's no excuse I know, especially if they have forms you fill out, but it's just the way it is.

That said, in the short time we've had our Phaeton, I've developed a rapport with one of the techs at Tiffin Service. I've always either spoken with him on the phone or emailed him directly & have had no problem getting answers.

All mfrs have their problems. None are exempt. We had great success & very few issues with our prior coach. Others who bought the year/make as ours had nothing but problems. It's just luck of the draw if you get one that comes off the line relatively trouble free or you get one when the folks on the assembly line didn't have their heads in the game. Would it be nice to expect consistent quality when we're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on these things? Yes. Is it gonna happen? No. Not until we quit buying the RV's they way they are manufactured now. Is THAT gonna happen? No.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:43 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb39 View Post
I agree, We had a Zephyr for 6 years. There were things that were never fixed. Big stuff like the roof leaking, not small items. I sold it wholesale and never looked back.
wow, that's strange. I'd never expect that from a Zephyr. Was your Zephyr a 2013 or did you get it used?
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full.Monte View Post
I have been unimpressed with Tiffin's technical help. I filled out their online form asking for help on how to remove my freshwater tank. They haven't answered in over a month. I had another message that wasn't answered a couple years ago. These are the only two times I have written them.
So this is what I did with newmar once. I Went to their FaceBook page and asked them a question. They didn't answer, then I wrote them again, being a little more stern and I posted it for all to see on their FB page. Man they wrote back real quick with a nice exhaustive and extensive reply.
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:14 PM   #19

Part of the problem is that some dealers are anxious to sell you a motorhome at a lower price, but are not not setup to do the needed repairs nor do they want to make the investment to service what they sell. They find it easier to just refer people to the Factory. When enough dealers do the same, it can overwhelm them. My dealer is 40 miles away and can do everything the factory can except certain major structural issues. Plus, he gets it in on a timely and out the door repaired. I don't think I would ever buy from a dealer that did not offer "Full" service and repair.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:11 PM   #20

I went to the Harrisburg show this weekend ,I was doing a walk thur of tiffins when a gentleman was going off on the stuff wrong... I agree some of that stuff should have been adjusted or fixed.... or could it had been damaged by the hundreds of people pulling on the cabinets... who knows"...

The other brands hand similar things wrong.

Best of luck in you search.

Tags
tiffin