Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2021, 01:21 PM   #1

Location: The bain of capitalism is the uneven distribution of blessings
OBD2 Scanner

All,

I have a 2007 Itasca Meridian SE with a diesel Freightliner chassis and I am wondering if it has the OBD2 port for use with a OBD2 scanner.

I have never used a scanner before and I have no idea if they are worth the time and effort.

Any idea?

Thanks
Dennis
Planet Houston
kewlbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #2

OBD2 came out in the late 90's. That said, depending on the chassis and engine mfg it may have a Jtype port instead. Most are under the drivers dash, or near the engine.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:16 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I doubt it. I believe that big diesel engines (vehicles more than 14,000 GVWR?) don't use OBD2 - they follow a different standard, i.e. SAE J1939. That's what my 2004 had. But some diesels have OBD II plus the truck standard. Best to call Freightliner Custom Chassis and ask. 1-800-FTL-HELP and have the last 6 digits of your VIN handy.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:49 PM   #4

Location: The bain of capitalism is the uneven distribution of blessings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I doubt it. I believe that big diesel engines (vehicles more than 14,000 GVWR?) don't use OBD2 - they follow a different standard, i.e. SAE J1939. That's what my 2004 had. But some diesels have OBD II plus the truck standard. Best to call Freightliner Custom Chassis and ask. 1-800-FTL-HELP and have the last 6 digits of your VIN handy.
Gary

You are 100% correct - FL does not have an OBD2 port...you can pull some codes off the panel once there is a warning light on - but that is all.

Thanks for reminding me about FL help line. Once day I might remember than all by my lonesome

Thanks
Dennis
Planet Houston
kewlbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote