Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Obstructed Vision on Tuscany XTE

I have a new Tuscany XTE and have found that the drivers side window is obstructed with a window frame right at eye level so when I look left to see oncoming traffic I must duck down or raise up as the frame of slider window is at eye level. Anyone else have this issue. Its really a safety issue.
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #2

I have the same coach and have not noticed the problem. Try raising or lowering the drivers seat.Bill
Wbitz81670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
We have the 08 Essence and the same problem - both sides, driver and passenger
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Sorry, but I can't resist asking...You didn't notice this when you test drove the coach?

Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Test drive New 2012 Tuscany

No I didnt notice this issue when I test drove the coach. I was very nervous. I had never driven a deisel before. Too many other things to think about. There is something very wrong with the window anyway. Looks like it came from a junk yard. Thor is going to replace it and I can only hope the new one does not have the bar at eye level. Winnebego and Coachmen are not at eye level. There are a lot of things broken or missing on the coach and these were noticed when I drove it home 900 miles from dealer. The dealer got it from another dealer. Some of it is my fault for not taking a half day to inspect everything. And part dealer fault for not finding issues.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Thor customer service

I want to say that I bought a new 2012 Tuscany and found many problems that needed fixing. I bought this unit from a camping world 1000 miles away from my home and the closest Thor dealer is 150 miles from my home. Its not convenient to drive that far for service. Thor has authorized a non THOR dealer to do warranty work on my unit. THOR has been very helpful and I am very pleased with the way they have dealt with me. They want to make everything right. So I want to pass this along. THOR, Im very impressed with your customer service. Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
I want to say that I bought a new 2012 Tuscany and found many problems that needed fixing. I bought this unit from a camping world 1000 miles away from my home and the closest Thor dealer is 150 miles from my home. Its not convenient to drive that far for service. Thor has authorized a non THOR dealer to do warranty work on my unit. THOR has been very helpful and I am very pleased with the way they have dealt with me. They want to make everything right. So I want to pass this along. THOR, Im very impressed with your customer service. Thanks
I too would have second thoughts about badmouthing the dealer/ Manuf "Before" they've fixed the MH. You can tell us the tale after they have a shot and you dont need or can get anything from more from them ;-)
Just me but I wouldn't buy a new coach after all the break in stories everyone tells, the new smell just isnt worth it. If you do I think the lesson is Take your time and do a full inspection A couple days in a local park would have been a good Idea. but water under the bridge .. From what I can tell your first year will see the dealer a few more times .. Id work it into your plans. Maybe a Vacation to the dealers area in a few Months??
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #8

6 foot

I have the same problem with a Winnebago 34v Adventurer but my wife doesn't because she is only 5'4" and I do because I'm 6'.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
I too would have second thoughts about badmouthing the dealer/ Manuf "Before" they've fixed the MH. You can tell us the tale after they have a shot and you dont need or can get anything from more from them ;-)
Just me but I wouldn't buy a new coach after all the break in stories everyone tells, the new smell just isnt worth it. If you do I think the lesson is Take your time and do a full inspection A couple days in a local park would have been a good Idea. but water under the bridge .. From what I can tell your first year will see the dealer a few more times .. Id work it into your plans. Maybe a Vacation to the dealers area in a few Months??
Bill, my point was to compliment the manufactuer THOR for their great customer service. But I have been to 2 camping world dealers and they would not help. I think it may be a camping world thing. Not sure.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Love the new Tuscanys!

What about an aftermarket stick-on convex mirror to help with some of the blind spot issues...

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #11

XTE Window

We have an XTE and I've not noticed the problem at all. In fact, the side visibility is better than our last unit (a Serrano). Wrong window or installed wrong?

As to problems, we're a little surprised and how well the Tuscany has worked. We had a problem with having the cabinet around the TV rebuilt due to some idiot at the factory that used the armstrong method of installing it, but other than that we have had very, very few issues. I was pretty hesitant on this unit, as our Thor Serrano had a punch list that rivaled a full house walk through, and there was one or two new problems every time we took it out!

Niel Powers
Tuscany XTE
Colorado Springs
TexasSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
my tuscany has the same window
and I am over 6'3" tall
so i put me seat down a bit or raise it to see over the bar.

after awhile i simply use my jedi force and look through the bar...
to be honest after a few trips i simply dont see it anymore
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote