Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #1

odometer

Thanks in advance for your help.
I recently purchased a 1995 Winnebago Brave, Diesel Pusher, and when I first got it the odometer worked. Since then, sometime, the odometer (it is a separate unit--not part of the speed-o-meter with rectangular front and round shaped backside) began reading err1. I contacted this and that and eventually actia. They furnished me some instructions which "may or may not" fix it. No fix but got readouts to temporarily change so that I could see all the info is there. The only other solution they could give me was to replace it with a new one for $229. I have already spent much on tires, AC repair, re-caulking, etc. Don't want to spend another $229 if I can help it. Any suggestions? Dennis - talk2mehd@gmail.com
rapturequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #2

Dennis, check any and all connections that is in the odometer wiring harness. Unplug any apply dielectric grease in all connections. MH sit and start collect condensation in places where a normal vehicle won't. I apply this to ALL connections in my MH from tail lights, headlights, AC, generator, fridge, water heater, engine and the list goes on and on! Saves a lot of money and problems! Any parts store will have a tube, regular grease will not work. Hope this helps. Let us know.
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 AM   #3

odometer problems

Thanks for your suggestions, sound like they might work. I'll try it.

Dennis
rapturequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had a similar problem with a 98 Chieftain. Sometimes the spedo and the ODO would not work right. Thought it was connections as each time I would futz with them it seemed to work ok. found that if I would shut off the engine and restart everything worked ok until some other time.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #5

Rexhall Owners Group
I have a 1997 Rexhall Rolls Air and experience the same with odometer. My gauges are made by VDO. I just bought it in May/11 with 23,750 miles. As i was driving it home it quit displaying numbers. We have been on a few short trips and every now and then it displays milage. I have made calculations and it appears it is recording the milage but only displays it when it wants! I hope someone has a solution