Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2020, 08:43 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piros1 View Post
I won’t hurt anything and a full tank doesn’t condensate like a partial tank. If I were you I would put the recommended amount of fuel additive when I topped my tank. A quality additive such as Power Service or Lucas that is rated for Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel, that prevents moisture build up and algae growth. Most modern diesel fuel has good additives in it but it sounds like you don’t run your coach enough to push a lot of fuel through your tank. Just a thought, I may be way off. A good maintenance schedule and good preparation can save you a lot of money in repairs.
Will be driving approximately 90 miles before topping it up and parking for six months in a campground where we will be using it on weekends. Thankyou for the tip and thankyou to everyone who has posted..
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2020, 03:30 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Will be driving approximately 90 miles before topping it up and parking for six months in a campground where we will be using it on weekends. Thankyou for the tip and thankyou to everyone who has posted..

Good advice here. I'm going this week to fill up my tank. We returned after Christmas from Florida and have a 1/4 tank in the bus. Filling it up Tuesday will be close to 150 gallons. Best to keep it topped off for longer storage. The price of diesel around here is at $2.10 or so with the TSD card. Not bad in my book.
Prof_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:03 AM   #143

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We headed across the state to evacuate from one of the hurricanes.

The resort we stayed in I believe was a Class A only, less than 10yo type of park. It is obvious, they have changed to just less than 10yo...b/c as people realize they don’t actually drive their motor homes...they have switched to high end Luxury Fifth Wheels.

Every Sixth months, or whatever, they get a delivery company to move it from covered storage to their lot. In the off season it’s back to the storage yard and they rent out their site. The ones that don’t rent have their units hurricane strapped to ground anchors.

If I only put 90 miles on a Motorhome and then let it sit in one place for six months...I would be looking into nice fifth wheels. Not much running gear to maintain on those...compared to a Motorhome. They usually have higher ceilings, larger showers, even ceiling fans....

We love our Motorhome...but it’s advantage over a Fifth Wheel is that it moves under it’s own power frequently. I find it easier to set up/and break camp... If we parked it for long periods and didn’t really do long trips...I would prefer a fifth wheel again.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:12 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
We headed across the state to evacuate from one of the hurricanes.

The resort we stayed in I believe was a Class A only, less than 10yo type of park. It is obvious, they have changed to just less than 10yo...b/c as people realize they don’t actually drive their motor homes...they have switched to high end Luxury Fifth Wheels.

Every Sixth months, or whatever, they get a delivery company to move it from covered storage to their lot. In the off season it’s back to the storage yard and they rent out their site. The ones that don’t rent have their units hurricane strapped to ground anchors.

If I only put 90 miles on a Motorhome and then let it sit in one place for six months...I would be looking into nice fifth wheels. Not much running gear to maintain on those...compared to a Motorhome. They usually have higher ceilings, larger showers, even ceiling fans....

We love our Motorhome...but it’s advantage over a Fifth Wheel is that it moves under it’s own power frequently. I find it easier to set up/and break camp... If we parked it for long periods and didn’t really do long trips...I would prefer a fifth wheel again.
I agree with you except for the choice I would make is the longest TT available to not have the stairs and get two doors in almost every floor plan
Just makes sense if you really aren't going to benefit from the setting up side of things
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel filter change