Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2021, 04:28 PM   #1

Oil Dip-Stick V10 Triton Ford V10 Fleetwood, Bounder

I need simple straight forward answers to; where can I purchase a NEW Replacement Oil Dip-stick Ford V10 Fleetwood, Bounder, 2013. I measured it and its 5 Ft long from tip to the top of the yellow round pull out handle.

I've tried Auto Zone, The O'R...., Napa... Etc with no success. It is never long enough.

I've read comments on changing the oil, the dispstick has burned marks, this and that. My request is for information on WHERE to purchase a new replacement.

Answers are very much appreciated.
PURALIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURALIFE View Post
I need simple straight forward answers to; where can I purchase a NEW Replacement Oil Dip-stick Ford V10 Fleetwood, Bounder, 2013. I measured it and its 5 Ft long from tip to the top of the yellow round pull out handle.

I've tried Auto Zone, The O'R...., Napa... Etc with no success. It is never long enough.

I've read comments on changing the oil, the dispstick has burned marks, this and that. My request is for information on WHERE to purchase a new replacement.

Answers are very much appreciated.
Take your VIN number with you and ANY Ford dealer should be able to order a proper replacement dipstick for you. Does not need to be a heavy truck dealer, any dealer can order the part.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:49 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to JIMBO34PA Send a message via Yahoo to JIMBO34PA
FOMOCO

yes dipstick is ford F53 must be dealer item . Vin # is usually a requirement to get correct part at Ford.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:44 PM   #4

How does a dipstick go bad? Different subject, we are interested in tiffin 34pa. Dw loves the layout. How is your 2016, any issues?
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:18 PM   #5

Is there any number on the dipstick. I know I have seen some with it on.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:30 PM   #6

It has some corrosion close to handle, some heat damage about mid way, probably from being close to exhaust.
I would prefer a new one. So I can keep track of oil and engine changes.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:32 PM   #7

I'll check with dealers presenting VIN #. I'll look you see if it has a number on it. I'll post my findings. Thank you for all the input.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:16 AM   #8

Quote:
It has some corrosion close to handle, some heat damage about mid way, probably from being close to exhaust.
I would prefer a new one. So I can keep track of oil and engine changes.
They all corrode near the top. This is because the condensation from the heat causes it to rise and it will rust at the top. Use some steel wool or sand paper to remove rust. Then coat with oil before installation. You will need to monitor and keep lubricated. If you ignore for too long the dipstick can actually get stuck from the rust.
SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:38 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Just want to advise you that the dipstick for the F53 stripped motorhome chassis (that's Ford's name for it) is NOT the same as the same engine in a pick-up or van. The VIN parts look-up will surely tell the parts guy the right one, but sometimes a well-meaning but uninformed advisor or tech will try to substitute.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:05 PM   #10

2013 Bounder 35K FORD V10 Oil Dipstick

Ok, fellow RVers, I acquired a new oil dipstick, Ford V10 - 6.8L.
Photo of part attached. Any questions, to let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210116_141858.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	314699  
Old 01-16-2021, 04:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Ok, fellow RVers, I acquired a new oil dipstick, Ford V10 - 6.8L.
Photo of part attached. Any questions, to let me know.
How much?
Old 01-17-2021, 01:36 AM   #12

About $22.00 including tax. Transwest Ford truck sales & parts in Fontana, CA. I'm certain with the part number, it can be purchased from other Ford trucks dealerships. This place is where many RV services order parts.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:37 AM   #13

Quote:
About $22.00 including tax. Transwest Ford truck sales & parts in Fontana, CA. I'm certain with the part number, it can be purchased from other Ford trucks dealerships. This place is where many RV services order parts.
Good DEAL! When you install it, wipe just a little oil down the whole thing, that will help with rust prevention on this one. If you think about it, do it each time you check the oil, whip the entire stick with the oily rag to keep a light film on it.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
How does a dipstick go bad? Different subject, we are interested in tiffin 34pa. Dw loves the layout. How is your 2016, any issues?
Sometimes they shrink and don't reach the oli anymore. Lol.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, ford, v10