Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2021, 06:28 AM   #43

We've tried a few times to find short term (1 month) stays at resorts that have some amenities that we want (55 +, lap pool, access to competition level pickelball) in Florida and at Traverse Bay (MI). Both places required on line description of RV including age, and both rejected our 2002 Fleetwood Expedition without consideration. Other comparable RV convenient parks were not available in the area, so we canceled our travel plans.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2021, 07:28 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEllis View Post
We've tried a few times to find short term (1 month) stays at resorts that have some amenities that we want (55 +, lap pool, access to competition level pickelball) in Florida and at Traverse Bay (MI). Both places required on line description of RV including age, and both rejected our 2002 Fleetwood Expedition without consideration. Other comparable RV convenient parks were not available in the area, so we canceled our travel plans.
Did they request a picture first?
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:54 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfuelman View Post
Did they request a picture first?
Seems like no, and you probably dodged a bullet with their attitude.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:33 PM   #46

We just picked up a 2000 Fleetwood Discovery 36T. The rig is very clean for it's age, and I just had it professionally detailed including wash, buff and clear coat. It looks great.

My feelings are that an RV resort has the right to any rules they want. I take no offense to the 10 year rule. I chose to pay cash for our rig and refuse to own a depreciating asset that loses 20%~ in value each year. It's not new, and we are just as happy as the folks in the fancy new rig.

There are so many options for camping that I would probably not chose to stay at the snooty resort anyway. My wife and I can easily fit into the wine and cheese crowd but are more comfortable with the beer and chips folks. Plus we have family, Grandkids as well as dogs that camp with us.
VolDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:46 PM   #47

29 year old coach

I have had some parks ask me what year my coach was. I told them it was a restored 30 year old coach. They asked for photos. I sent them photos and they said it was OK to come in.
Most parks want to keep the rif raf away, and some are corp owned and a bunch of snobs.
It is your choice to stay there or go to a different park. Myself, even if they OK my coach, I still go elsewhere because of their attitude toward me. But thats just me
rhanson5911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:21 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
Seems like no, and you probably dodged a bullet with their attitude.
I think your right. I have no problem with them enforcing their own rules and wanting to keep the park nice for everyone, but don't just turn me or anyone else away just because they own a coach that's a few years older.

Too many rules can be just as big a pain as too much junk.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:17 PM   #49

Well our seasonal park instituted a 15 year rule a couple years ago, no exceptions. We had a great 1999 Prowler fiver that was in great shape. No go. So we bought a 2017 Keystone Springdale 311RE which is horrible quality compared to the old Prowler. And we have seen many in our park forced to “upgrade” to newer units only to see sub par quality units coming into the park. Sad. The issues I have seen with the newer units is astounding.

You may ask why stay at this park? Well the answer is it’s on a wonderful lake and there is literally nothing else like it near us.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:15 PM   #50

The coach may be new, but the riff raff can still reside inside. ��
Glennabbott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:55 PM   #51

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Any I have seen tuned away looked like fugitives from a wrecking yard. Would you want that parked next to you and your pristine 20 year old Class A? It's a reason to keep some control, ever looked into a place saw the RV's and left?
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:33 PM   #52

I have no problem with parks trying to keep RVs out in really bad shape. But to just have an arbitrary age rule makes no sense. They can state that the RV must in good condition regardless of age.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:18 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Older coach denied entry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post
I have no problem with parks trying to keep RVs out in really bad shape. But to just have an arbitrary age rule makes no sense. They can state that the RV must in good condition regardless of age.

Way too subjective. All thatís going to do is lead to endless arguments. By stating an age limit it allows them to screen out the ones they donít want and there can be no argument. Itís either 10 yr old or its not. That point cannot be argued. I have no problem with the rule. Itís their park, their rules to help keep trashy RVs out.
jt
harleyjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #54

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post
Whats good shape to one may not be another too open to interpretation, can't be towed in? Using 10 years gives a clear line that can be used when needed. I guess you could have a trashed 3-4 year old. I saw one last year in AZ, been in an AA and was waiting for parts with most of the front end crunched, tarp for a windshield, I'm sure just a few years old.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:41 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDawg View Post
We just picked up a 2000 Fleetwood Discovery 36T. The rig is very clean for it's age, and I just had it professionally detailed including wash, buff and clear coat. It looks great.

My feelings are that an RV resort has the right to any rules they want. I take no offense to the 10 year rule. I chose to pay cash for our rig and refuse to own a depreciating asset that loses 20%~ in value each year. It's not new, and we are just as happy as the folks in the fancy new rig.

There are so many options for camping that I would probably not chose to stay at the snooty resort anyway. My wife and I can easily fit into the wine and cheese crowd but are more comfortable with the beer and chips folks. Plus we have family, Grandkids as well as dogs that camp with us.
VolDog - I have a 2000 Discovery 37G I picked up a couple years ago. Sold a 2006 Fleetwood Revolution to get out of payments. The Discovery is currently in the shop getting some cosmetic paintwork done .I painted the inside cabinets white and the walls a very light blue/teal color. All new brushed nickel hardware. It really opened it up. I love the look of your rig. Great colors. Mine was very clean as well and a one owner. Did you have the entire coach clear coated? Looks Great! The 10 year rule is a little ridiculous if you ask me.....
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:17 PM   #56

In 7 months and four states in the west we haven't been turned down once. We've been asked to send photos, then given the go ahead - that's with our 1998 Safari. Usually when people see it in person a common question is how much did it cost to get new paint. People are shocked to find it's the original 22 year old paint job. I keep it as clean as possible, and wax it regularly.

I have no issues with someone having the rule even if it leaves me out. Let the market place do it's thing. I've passed up parks because of the way they look, and it's ok if they do the same with rigs wanting to stay there.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote