Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2021, 10:35 PM   #57

Forest River Owners Club
We have a 2008 Berkshire and have yet to be turned away...

Our coach looks as good as a rig 10 yrs newer....

Did have one CG ask for pictures which I was glad to send....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2021, 02:50 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by trispeed View Post
Hi all, please share your experience/ knowledge re: say a 20 year old coach and resorts that state 'must be 10 years old or newer'? We are considering a beautiful american eagle or country coach pusher in xlnt condition but...20 years old. I suspect these restrictions are mainly about keeping out unkempt/ poor condition eyesores and would make exceptions for exceptional motorhomes or is it really about the literal age? Cheers!

Screw them. You wouldn't want to stay with those elites, anyway.

Find a more convivial atmosphere...........

ďI wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a memberĒ

― Groucho Marx
picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:52 PM   #59

I've only been asked once is 40+ years of RVing. It was in San Diego and they asked me (when I arrived) what year my Class C was. At the time it was brand new (2007) and didn't even have plates yet. They said I couldn't enter as I could not prove the year. I said to them the temporary registration was attached to the windshield if he doubted me. He took a photo of it and said wait here I have to ask the manager. All was fine and I was allowed to stay, however, this pace turned out to be a dump and not well cared for. Hence I never went back or never will go back.
Now if I get asked I'll say it's a 2018 model......why? Because they make the exact same model today and mine looks better then the new ones.
Actually if I get asked while making a reservation I'll just say never mind and fine another place......I don't want to placed on a "You can't stay here park".
Bobthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:56 PM   #60

My own question...

Quote:
Hi all, please share your experience/ knowledge re: say a 20 year old coach and resorts that state 'must be 10 years old or newer'? We are considering a beautiful american eagle or country coach pusher in xlnt condition but...20 years old. I suspect these restrictions are mainly about keeping out unkempt/ poor condition eyesores and would make exceptions for exceptional motorhomes or is it really about the literal age? Cheers!

Over the years I have seen many of these types of post's and I always ask myself: Why on earth would ANYONE want to VISIT/STAY AT (let alone PAY) a "resort" that is so selective and biased?
rickmuzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:07 PM   #61

Miffed

So, for the last 5 years we have stayed at Alder Acres RV park in Coos Bay, OR. This year when we tried to make reservations, they asked how old our Hr Diesel Pusher was. When told it was 2001, they said they were under new management and there were not exceptions to their 10 year rule. Sending in a picture was out of the question. Funny, because last year they told us they were under new management - and we stayed 30 days. What was new then was their request for a copy of our vehicle insurance papers, which we provided. We were told that when we came back the following year, they would already have the required insurance papers. After being turned down for this year, I asked what will happen to the papers of ours they have on file. There answer was: They will be shredded. In addition, all computer records of rigs older than 10 years will be purged. This park is a far cry from a 'Resort'. But we bid them fond farewell and hope they have great success!
Oh, we will just move down the street a ways to a different park ...
Old 02-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #62

We have a slide in truck camper, been going to this place in NV for 10 years. Last summer made a reservation got there and said no campers or vehicles over 10yrs old. Our truck and camper are like new, but they gave us the boot. They also said at the beginning of the year (2021) all of the motorhomes and trailers that are full timing must abide by the 10 year rule.
bluehaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:14 PM   #63

If it looks almost new, Lie about the age
dans1999f-53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:19 PM   #64

Commercial Member

I wonder is sending current pictures might get you in?
Old 02-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #65

Quote:
It is my understanding from speaking to park managers that it allows the owners the option to refuse service if they are concerned about the coach being abandoned or the campground having to assume liability for removing it from their grounds. I have been asked several times, ours is new but we travel with a few folks that have older coaches and none of been denied because their coaches still look beautiful and in good working condition.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:30 PM   #66

National RV Owners Club
We stayed at a park last year in NV that had the rule on their web site. They never asked about the age of our ‘98 National Tradewinds DP when we made the reservation and after we got in and set up we could see why. There were a number of loooooong term guests in RVs that were in various states of repair. We did see the show of a couple who travel with a very nice Airstream that is more than 10 years old that we’re rejected by a park in OR, sight unseen. We just want to camp and meet good people. Some have brand new rigs, some don’t.
Dareugo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #67

We had a 1998 Fleetwood Flair in very good condition, 3 years ago. One place asked for a. picture when we placed s reservation, another place wanted to look at it before we could check-in. Both places let us in, and we never had any issues. Our current Coachmen Freedom Express is a 2008, and no issues so far!
Coachmen RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #68

If they ask, I tell them it was just remodeled 2 year ago with major upgrades Learned this fact from yachts for sale that list $xxx,xxx on remodeled or upgraded in XX year. Our RV is 11 years old and most of the major component/upgrades s have been completed in the past 2 years. I have done the same thing on my yacht that is 21 years old.
JLRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:48 PM   #69

Quote:
I have a 2011 Southwind 32VS, itís got full body paint and when itís washed, it looks spectacular. BUT as we travel across the country we always tell them itís a 2017 model. You literally can not tell the difference. My unit is squeaky clean, and does not have any leaks. However, if you have a ďbeaterĒ that smokes and drips, then donít bother.
Bonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #70

My travel trailer is a 2015. But, I doubt that I will ever frequent at a place with such a rule. A place like that is just a little too fancy for me! When I dropped the back down and pulled out my Harley Iím sure that would frustrate such a place.
Enjoy
MC
MTRCYCMAN is offline   Reply With Quote