Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2021, 05:52 PM   #85

Me too! Mine is a 2001 Safari Trek and it’s in really good shape.
Langeloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2021, 06:02 PM   #86

We have never been turn away because of the ten year rule. Only once did we have to send in pictures and were invited with open arms. We did once have someone at Sun& Fun in Sarasota check to see if we were leaking anything. Never a problems since there.
If you keep it in good shape and condition you will have no problem.
Maik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #87

My bet would be none of the posters here are travelling in a "burner" rig (Burning Man) - see post #82 as that would be a fancy one...

We like clean parks with nice facilities and at least some enforced rules. We've never been turned away in our '03 Itasca 32TD - folks often ask us what year it is, and what it is? It is debadged and that happened when we did the full body paint. Sure it has a more flat front with twin windows... It also has a nice Allison 3000 and very hefty GVWR, so it Works for us! We also have a slide in camper as the coach can only go so far off road... We've seen the: oh, you're in a truck camper attitude...

We enjoy walking around the CGs and talking with anyone who's out and says hi - a lot of nice folks out there and some extremely cool restored rigs, and people who are proud of their rigs no matter what they are (new-ish, or just nice, to vintage cool) and happy to tell you about it, how they ended up with "that" unit, etc...

I don't turn my nose up, but I turn away from those that do...
Old 02-04-2021, 06:15 PM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Portland Or

I was turned away once at a park in Portland Or, just off I-84 near the Camping World. They had a firm rule and wouldn’t discuss it. This was after I’d stayed there 2 or 3 times in the past. I think the parks been sold so maybe better now. .
jorygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:20 PM   #89

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yes. Once over the phone.
We were in S. Alabama on our first long term trip. After one month in a “basic” park, we went down to the coast (in our car) about 15 miles away, saw a park near the water, went and did a brief drive thru. Decided we would like to move there the following month and called. My wife explained we were staying nearby, was asked the age of our coach, and told them it was a 2002 HR Admiral, and we were denied a space. No other questions were asked.

Irony: there were easily two dozen coaches in that park well over 10 years old and many were less attractive than our bus (opinion, I know). We’ve since been convinced that when we told them where we were currently parked, they judged us based on that since it was a decent but basic RV park, not one anyone would consider upscale.
Since then we have gone full time and have booked several resorts nicer than that one with no issues. Further, we are constantly upgrading and restoring our near classic, and with only 28K miles on the odometer anticipate using for sometime to come.
Extarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #90

We had a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer that was in very good condition. 20 years under an aluminum cover. We came across many RV parks that had a 10 year rule. Most would allow us to send a picture and that was all they needed. There were two parks in Texas that just didn't care and wouldn't let us in no matter how clean or rig was. There are enough RV parks around to choose from so you should be ok. You might be a little farther away from where you wanted to be but you should be able to get where you want to go.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:04 PM   #91

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
100% in agreement.
jeddpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #92

I am going to have to answer to a higher authority for my suggestion but LIE. Say it is a 2014 or whatever. If your rig is in descent shape and does not look like something Jed Clampet would be moving his clan around in you will have no trouble. I have, with our 2004 Keystone Cougar stayed at a few of the aforementioned campgrounds in 2019. If making an online reservation always stated 2014 as the year. When we arrived, never a question asked. The rig is in damn good condition. We are not the type of RV they are trying to, and rightfully so, exclude.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #93

Entegra Owners Club
Most parks that have this rule just don't want to have something like this in their park. Can you blame them?

http://www.doityourselfrv.com/wp-con...-motorhome.jpg
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:51 PM   #94

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Only went to one place with a 10 year rule.

The clerk asked if my 16 year old class C looked good and I said yes. They let me in.

Same here I called one that said they wanted pics on their website. All I did was call and they said what does it look like I told it is cares for they said no problem they would let me in.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:27 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
I am going to have to answer to a higher authority for my suggestion but LIE. Say it is a 2014 or whatever. If your rig is in descent shape and does not look like something Jed Clampet would be moving his clan around in you will have no trouble. I have, with our 2004 Keystone Cougar stayed at a few of the aforementioned campgrounds in 2019. If making an online reservation always stated 2014 as the year. When we arrived, never a question asked. The rig is in damn good condition. We are not the type of RV they are trying to, and rightfully so, exclude.

Nothing at all wrong with that - the coach builder gets to determine the year of the unit, not the frame manufacturer. So if you are doing extensive interior renovations to the house portion.... That would make YOU the coach builder now wouldn't it? So my coach is a 2019 since that was when I completely rebuilt all the interior cabinets and replaced the kitchen.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:50 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
Nothing at all wrong with that - the coach builder gets to determine the year of the unit, not the frame manufacturer. So if you are doing extensive interior renovations to the house portion.... That would make YOU the coach builder now wouldn't it? So my coach is a 2019 since that was when I completely rebuilt all the interior cabinets and replaced the kitchen.
Yes and they put that on the title which im sure you had changed. Right ? Do you think i could identify mine as a Prevost ? I could buy a Prevost emblem right ? or maybe a Yacht ?
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:12 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverBob57 View Post
Those silly 10 year old rules are in place so they can request a photo to keep the Griswolds out!

Attachment 316391
...or the McGillacuddys!

Baja Fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:38 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Umm.. I HAVE had several "Resorts" ask to see the registration and insurance papers, Told them that I saw no reason to spend $1.5+ million for a new coach that is the exact twin of what we have.
We just went nearly next door.. They welcomed us with open arms...[Just as nice a park, and at half the price... Las Vegas, NV, Salem,Or. and again on the southern Oregon coast]
The rest just asked for pic's before saying OK..
Your rig looks like out Tiffin Phaeton. I am a travel nurse and have been turned away because of the age of our rig
Randy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote