My wife and I bought our first MH 4 years ago. We were lucky to find one in great mechanical condition. However, I am sure that because of the build quality and materials, you never know what you will find down the road. It could get really costly if you need a lot of work done. I do most all of it myself, but it is easy to spend thousands of dollars. This experience has taught me what I would look for next time:
1. No Chinese tires or out of date tires.
2. No, delamination or leaks on exterior or roof.
3. Air conditioner conditioner operates good.
4. Leveling system operates without problem.
5. And of course, compression check and oil samples.
We were lucky from what I heard. Items 1-2-3-4 only ten grand with me doing the labor.
Lesson learned. Now that it is perfect, it is great.
Warning !! watch out for MH whose former owners or owners spent lots of money on " Silicone" sealant and smeared it on everything. They must have had lots of leaks