Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Thanks to both you WD and Scott, I ordered the CR to wash my new Motorhome. That's the great thing about this forum, so many helpful people willing to share ideas and information.
Tom,
These CR systems do work absolutely great. Albeit for a limited time though. Depending on your water in your area, the resins may last longer than ours do in our area because our water is considered severely HARD! Now, there's different game plans on just how to make the resins last longer. Some, will rinse the coach off with normal water. Then wash it with soap and water that's also with normal water. And, they'll rinse the soap off with normal water.

But, they then just rinse the coach off again, with DI water. Well, if you're in an environment that will allow for the coach to remain completely wet between all the operation and, not allow for drying before you can apply the DI water for the last rinse, that's good. But, if you're in a kind of environment like ours where you better use DI water for the whole operation, to keep it from spotting while still moving along, that's what we have to do which, in essesense, uses up the resins at a much higher rate.

It is what it is. I suspect that I'll get oh, around maybe 8-12 M/H washings and a few car washings out of this batch of resin. Then, it's time to mail order for more. It's still better than paying upwards of $2.00-$3.00 a foot to have it done, especially since NO DRYING IS NECESSARY!
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Thanks to both you WD and Scott, I ordered the CR to wash my new Motorhome. That's the great thing about this forum, so many helpful people willing to share ideas and information.
X-2 on Scott's reply. Glad to be of any help to anyone. Now you can keep that Ventana shinin' like jewelry, she's a dandy!

Best regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #17

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!
3/3/2017, @ 09:40 A.M. I just got off the phone with CR spotless water and, it is OFFICIAL! DO NOT use softened water as the supply for your CR D.I. water system. The nice lady and I chatted for a bit on this subject and, Electra was right, the softened water will make the CR unit actually work HARDER in treating the water. So, the info from the CR rep I received at the Quartzsite RV event was WRONG. So, with all that being said, I'm out to wash the motor home as we speak. Yahooooooooo, no spots!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:33 PM   #18

I love the finish on my coach. They did such a nice job on all those clear coats at the factory, it would be a shame to mess it up. I use a lamb's will wash mitt (Mary Moppins) to prevent scratches. I would never have a truck stop wash job.

So here's my point...no drying means no towel scratches. DI systems are one more step in keeping the finish factory perfect!

I wouldn't be without one.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:17 AM   #19

Scott/W.D. You guys were right on the money. I used it yesterday for the first time and could not believe the results. Had several people stop by and ask me about it and where I bought it. I also use the Mary Moppins lambswool (thank you Independence RV) products and could not be happier.

Even did my truck and it looked great as well. Baby shampoo, lambswool and CR Spotless, don't leave home without it!

Tom
Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Tom! Glad you had great results!

Regards,
W.D.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:14 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
A little update

I decided I could do better with my pipes. I wasn't totally satisfied with the room all of it took up, and I wanted it to be sturdier. I mounted a good portion of it to the wall and also eliminated some length in the piping, and rerouted. Here is before:
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170218_143103_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	158051

After:
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_193252_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	143
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	158049 Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_193538_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	158050

So far, everything works pretty well!
Regards,
W.D.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #22
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Electra225"......Nice install, very clean.

On a side note..... the deionizer you installed (Costco unit) says it should be operated at 15 psi so that you don't exhaust the bead performance too quickly. I had an extra 3/4" adjustable water regulator and installed it on the output side of the unit. At 15 psi, the spray doesn't shoot far, so I added one of those garden hose sprayers with the 3' extension that is used for watering planters. It gives me just enough reach with the low pressure to reach the roof line.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote