Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
Wayne tell me about your "quick disconnect" for the old sat dish. That thing is a royal PITA to store! An old Navy guy asking a Marine for advice, what has this world come to?
Drilled out the rivets holding the arms and installed bolts with wing nuts. I still had to use a pair of pliers on the wing nuts to keep it tight, but it was easy to pull apart and store.

As also stated, you cam make it so it folds up, and not comes all the way apart.

I have struggled, and struggled and struggled with acquiring a signal, with and without modifications. So I went out and bought the Winegard Carry Out. Best thing I ever did. Some day I may put a hole in the roof and add a satellite dish, but I'm not ready to do that yet. Been here done that previously and still wish I had a portable along on occasion.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #16

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
What are you using for on board storage of various items?

Any ideas/photos will be appreciated.
Sometimes when I have not used something for a while I tend to forget where it is.
So I designed a spreadsheet (map) in the shape of my basement storage. I categorized all my items so that when I need something quick I can look at the map and go to it right away.
The older I get the more useful this map is

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
we use clear plastic shoe storage boxes in our upper cabinets. These have lids, are stackable, and are see thru. They work great, and are cheap.
BABrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #18

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Barb:
We have the Corelle dishes and all our cabinets are lined with the no slip material and we never have a problem. Our cupboards have an intermediate shelf so there would be no room for the 3 tier shelves you mention. Now for the plastic water glasses, well thats a different story as they always seem to move. We do have glass wine glasses in our china closet and we just keep a foam sleeve around them and have had no problems with them. We also have our share of plastic wine glasses, but some times you just need the glass ones.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Ontario View Post
Hi Barb:
We have the Corelle dishes and all our cabinets are lined with the no slip material and we never have a problem. Our cupboards have an intermediate shelf so there would be no room for the 3 tier shelves you mention. Now for the plastic water glasses, well thats a different story as they always seem to move. We do have glass wine glasses in our china closet and we just keep a foam sleeve around them and have had no problems with them. We also have our share of plastic wine glasses, but some times you just need the glass ones.
I agree on the glass wine glasses. I must put some in the place of the plastic ones. We have Corelle too but tried to separte the sizes in the tiered rack.
BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had a Corelle dish fly out of the upper cabinet. If you have never had one break, you don't want to. You will be picking up shades of glass for a week, even after vacuuming. So, since the door handles on the two cabinets face each other, and swing sideways, we bungee the two handle together. No more flying glass.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
For the cabinet doors that are side by side with verticle handles I drilled holes in a 1/2 PVC tube. The holes I drilled in the PVC slip over the top of the two handles and keep the doors from swinging open. My wife did use velcrow straps on the doors but this works easier.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
With the wine glasses I bought the stemless Reidells and keep the box, when not in use put them back in the box. In four years I have only broken one and that was washing it.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Eat More Icecream!

We had installed pull out shelves in our narrow pantry and they had just enough of a ledge to keep things on shelf. But we couldn't stack small items. Last trip to Wally Mart I grabbed a cheap icecream in rectangular plastic tub with snap on lid and bucket like handle. Just looking at it made me think it had to have another life. Viola it fits nicely in our new pull-out shelves and now we can store lots of smaller items. And I get more icecream.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #24

Great ideas, keep 'em comming! Where do you source the non-slip material?
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #25

I ordered on Amazon. Griptex 20inch by 5 foot roll is around $12.

Putting on all shelves and drawers.

Rick
pvrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #26

My good but plastic tumblers would often fall during travel and when the cabinet doors are first open it looked more like a bowling alley. I exchanged the tumblers for shorter old fashion glsses which can be stacked and so far they have not moved during traveling.

I have glass coffee mugs which I just store upside down on top of non-skid liner that is sold in the houeware and RV sections at WalMart. Also keep the coffeemaker in its original box during travel. Since I'm not a regular coffee drinker it doesn't always come out.

Besides replacing the drinking glasses it helped when I downsized and removed some stuff. I didn't have all that much in the cabinet but I was still able to make more room for what I really need and will for sure use.
I stopped trying to cover all bases for everything - if and when I need something then I will worry about having it or not.

When possible I seek out stuff that can be used in more than one way. For example my measuring cups can double as a ladle if necessary (Done it twice before remembering to put a ladle in the trailer).

I have a couple of storage bowls (small and medium) that I used as mixing bowls. Ok, since I really don't cook much my ideas will be limited There been many great ideas posted already! For me it has to be neat, organized and easy to get to. My sister and I have different views on what works best.

Between suggestions and trial & error you will find somethat that works best for your needs with ease.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We can buy the non slip material at most dollar stores here. We have never had an upper cabinet door open while driving as ours have very strong latch systems. Very tight when closed.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
We are using the small bungy cords to hold the plates and bowls in the holder. So far they are working just fine and dandy. Hook at the bottom run over the top and back down.
TednRelinda is offline   Reply With Quote