Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2021, 10:56 PM   #1

Unhappy Onan diesel generator 8500

We have 2002 Journey QD 39. I had the generator serviced last fall. It worked fine until I went to use it after it was serviced, 700 miles away! The coach has 5 new Interstate batteries...3 coach...2 chassis. It starts and runs fine. The gen. spools up, but no power gets to the coach. Land line is unhooked during test. The breaker on front panel seems to be on. Any ideas before I call a mobile repair man. Should inverter be off of on?:
Clubcar100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2021, 11:45 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check the battery disconnect switch near the inverter/charger?
Old 09-08-2021, 12:41 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Also check the main generator connections to the genny it's self. They are located on the right front top of your genny. (assuming you have a front mounted genny) I was working on our genny in our previous coach last year changing the temp sensor and when I took the cover off for the main generator connections found them to be loose. Now we didn't have any power problems, "Yet" but we would have. So I tightened them up, they weren't even finger tight, and all was good. These things rattle down the road and vibration has a tendency to shake things loose so going over all your connections annually is a good idea. Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Check breaker on the generator, could be bad transfer switch, it makes no difference if the inverter is on or not.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:53 AM   #5

I would guess during the service they flipped the breakers on the Gen while working on it

Tags
diesel, generator, onan