Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 05:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans. Cajun View Post
I took a sharp corner in downtown Branson resulting in a conflict between my motor home's right side and a red light support foundation. The concrete did not move out of the way. $7,000 damage to side belly on class A. So much for following navigation routing on to narrow old town streets with tight intersections. My mistake!!

Sorry to read about this but there is probably a good lesson to be learned here about navigation systems and I would like to add of my own, I took an off-road that my navigation suggested and that would save me time and I rode into the middle of nowhere for about an hour and I eventually found civilization and a gas Station. I never knew that gmc's could tow on fumes but mine did this day, lol. Keep those tanks full especially if you are the type that explores new routes. I'm sticking to the main roads from now on, lol
mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #16

Luckily not my rig. Came upon this at the entrance to employee campground at Old Faithful. Probably was lost and trying to turn around. People seem to do strange things in Yellowstone. I agree probably a newbe mistake.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #17

10-4 on traffic behind and ahead at the tight intersection. I was all the way over into an on coming left turn lane when a driver in that lane began cursing and waving the single numeral IQ indicator. I turned the steering wheel another half a round--big mistake. I should have stayed put and let the traffic move around me then pull forward. P.S. The built in navigation unit was checked by dealer and was found to be faulty and warranty replaced.
Trans. Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #18

My father in law paid 1000$ for a kenwood with Garmin GPS and it's looney, it sends him straight, left and right all at the same time seems like and it's out of warranty.
mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Seems like there was something else going on here, the right side of the picture shows what looks like rescue guys, note the pants and suspenders, standing there and the left side of the picture has a ladder.

Too bad more information wasn't available.
denk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #20

Go faster to clear that hurdle!😊
gerdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I can't tell,did it jump a curb there.It look like it rolled back by itself.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #22

Thats not a gps problem, its a driver problem.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote