Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #15

I agree with the other posters, the dealer is trying to push you into a place you shouldn't be in.

That said, I know where it's coming from. Tiffin sells it's units to the dealers on a cash basis. The dealer is required to pay Tiffin for the rig in full before they get it, so they're trying to get you to front that money so they don't have to have the charge on their floor plan. I ordered my rig with some VERY SPECIAL AND MAJOR CHANGES in September and Tiffin didn't get the design done until November. We watched it being built in December and took delivery in mid January. Put a deposit down on order and paid the rest upon pickup.

Call Tiffin sales at Red Bay and tell them what the dealer wants and ask them to get you to a reputable dealer. I assure you they don't want to lose a customer.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #16

Request your money back today. Appears the dealership is having a cash flow problem is is seeking customers to bankroll their daily operations. On new rigs they usually use their line of credit for new units and cash for the trade in's.

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I special ordered my coach from Lazydays, gave them $2,500 deposit. Paid the entire balance five months later when I picked up the coach. Your dealer is way out of line. Run, don't walk.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkkopp View Post
Ordered a 2015 Tiffin over a week ago. Gave credit card for $5000.00 deposit. Got a call today they want all the money for this Tiffin now.....
paid in full before ordering it. They said if something happens to us there stuck with the motorhome. We did have a contract that we would pay June 23th. in full which we thought this motorhome was ordered last week. We have been waiting for a production number from dealer calling and calling.
They think were going to hand over money first.. Is this the norm....????

Thank you
Please let me know which salesman your dealing with as I am also about to order a new Tiffin Bus from Mike Thompson RV and would like to have all the dirty tactics up front. Also, what kind of discount did you get off the sticker price?

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Mike Thompson's Rv Super Stores - Santa Fe Springs, CA | Yelp

There are many Tiffin dealerships around the country, most of whom will custom order for a small down payment. It's a Tiffin... if you didn't buy it, they would sell it off the lot to someone else in a heartbeat. They need you, you don't need them.

If they haven't ordered already, there's NO way that motorhome will be built and delivered to CA by June 23.

I've got no dog in this fight, but I sure hate to see someone being so blatantly taken advantage of...
Old 05-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #20

iRV2 No Limits Club
WOW! It is crazy.

Tell the dealer to review the contract. That is what both of you agreed upon!

I would contact Tiffin directly if I did not get satisfaction. I'm sure Bob Tiffin would want to be aware of this policy, even if he does not get involved in dealer disputes.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #21

Xxxxxxx 2!!!! Sounds like a dealer I know inFt.Worth,
Run run!!
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #22

Call Karen at Sherman RV in MS.
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #23

They way I see it the Rv doesn't exist so there is no serial # so if a bank want loan money on nothing that would be reason enough for me to pay no more than a refundable deposit.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Tell em to pack sand.

Buy Used!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
[QUOTE=TurtleKent;2048891][url=http://

There are many Tiffin dealerships around the country, most of whom will custom order for a small down payment. It's a Tiffin... if you didn't buy it, they would sell it off the lot to someone else in a heartbeat. They need you, you don't need them.

Lol. Really?
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #26

Of course it could be that the dealer has run a thorough credit check on the prospective purchaser and the results weren't as good as they expected, so they want more up front.

But they should have done that first.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #27

I find this to be funny. I went to the Mike Thompson dealer in Fountain Valley to look at a Ellipse 42qd. I went after work so I was not in super clean clothes (head mechanic for a major construction co.) I asked about the Ellipse and the salesman looked at me and said "you do know they are expensive" to the OP run after you get your deposit back.
Freestyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #28

Post this on every RV Forum out there, save someone else from dealing with Mike Thomson.......
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, tiffin