Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2020, 09:57 PM   #99

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
On my 96, the fog lights won't come on till you turn the headlights on, so try that! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2020, 06:26 AM   #100

@Royale, yes there is a rocker switch on the dash that looks like a headlamp. Turn main lights on then push that rocker switch, fogs should come on. I dont know the schematic off top of my head.

SPeaking of relays that is a mod I want to do, take load off the main switch and run headlamps thru a relay
Old 07-22-2020, 06:29 AM   #101

pic from when we went to get ice cream.
I need to make some time to polish the pain on this coach. Good 50footer, can see lots of oxidation up close. The blackout curtains work great. Im experimenting with different shades/reflectiveness of bronze window tint currently.
Having the bags on a manual switch is great too. Air out without having to activate leveling system (auto level doesnt work anyway)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ice cream.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	294165  
Old 07-22-2020, 03:48 PM   #102

I tested the relay that is activated by the "headlight switch" on the left side dash panel and the relay, while it activates "makes sound" and receives main power, i get no power at the accessory pins. I will be replacing it today.

I don't believe the main headlights run through a relay as the push/pull switch is a heavy duty switch able to handle the amperage. I'm going to replace headlights with LED (less load) eventually and i quite like the stock headlight / dash / dimmer switch. Trying to stay as stock as i can as far as switches/hardware/appliances/etc.

I REALLY need to get a manual airbag switch. Sounds so useful! i haven't checked into or done any research on that topic yet. My auto leveling works great, so generally i just use the hydraulic jacks when parked for prolonged period.

Your coach looks great with bags deflated nice and lowered like that. I've got the single step version and it's pretty high up.
RoyaleSS90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #103

No luck on the relay. Replaced it with a new one and still no power to the Fog lights. I may end up bypassing and run direct to the switch. I notice some of the "hot wires" are connected up through a starting relay and am wondering if perhaps the engine has to be turned on for the "fog light switch" to work. I did have the main headlights on while trying to switch on the fog lights. i also tried turning brights on and off and different combination of switches between fog, headlights, and brights, but still nothing.

Although while i had the left side of the dash opened up i replaced all of the switch bulbs with LED. Got a bunch of extras just in case any of the other dash areas use them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-25-2020, 11:10 PM   #104

Busy day today, tracked down my leak in the skylight. The wooden frame situated ontop of the fiberglass roof was totally rotted out. this made my perimeter reseal useless.
Took skylight off, made a new frame, siliconed the inner and outer panes together. Hopefully no more condensation. Fastened with more bolts. Tomorrow seal the perimiter with eternabond and test for water tightness.

Then finally back to flushing the hydraulic system.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:12 AM   #105

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleSS90 View Post
No luck on the relay. Replaced it with a new one and still no power to the Fog lights. I may end up bypassing and run direct to the switch. I notice some of the "hot wires" are connected up through a starting relay and am wondering if perhaps the engine has to be turned on for the "fog light switch" to work. I did have the main headlights on while trying to switch on the fog lights. i also tried turning brights on and off and different combination of switches between fog, headlights, and brights, but still nothing.
On my Coach, the ignition switch has to be On for the fog (Driving?) lights to work.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:27 PM   #106

My skylight has the 90 dgs corner repaired with what looks like fiberglass and some grey resin. I Dicored around that and all the bolts after removing the existing silicone. I didn't end up removing the giant amounts of silicone used around the edge of the skylight and am hoping that holds. I may end up removing it all later and dicor it.

With the advent of low power draw LED i think skylights are more hassle than they are worth. hopefully mine doesn't leak. Sounds like you repaired it right this time, but if i ever have to go that far i may end up removing it, sealing the hole up and adding a light above the shower. I could always use the roof space for something else, like solar panels for the lights....

@CountryB Thanks for the tip, i will definitely give that a try this week when i get out there and back to work on the coach on these much needed hobby days.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:08 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
On my Coach, the ignition switch has to be On for the fog (Driving?) lights to work.

Fixed. Thanks for that. The fog light ground coming from the relay switch is wired through the ignition switch right next to it and i noticed that before. I tried this shortly after reading this and they work great.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:20 AM   #108

Tinted both front side windows with SunTek HP40 Bronze. 40% visible light transmitted, low light reflectivity and a 40% IR rejection.
I tried doing the front windshield too...its above my skill level. Requires massive shrinking around that compound 90 degree curve. Need to call some mobile pros.
LOVE the shade of it, really ties it all together.

Rear shocks going in today, little day trip this sat to test em out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	front side tint.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	296865   Click image for larger version

Name:	windhsield tint 2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	296866  

Old 08-12-2020, 11:07 AM   #109

If you wanted say an 18" strip on top you can't just try to bend an 18" strip to fit the curve needs to a lot wider. A butt seam near bend may save you some work,material and money.
The reflective on my driving sides is on outside and showing its age now. I have seen some gradient tint I considered for windshield .
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #110

Front window tint didnt work out, dont have the skill level for it. May try again down the line by removing the panes.

I put new shocks which are specd for the front onto the rear (55014s). rode good, really took off the tail whip effect when dropping down off a curb or some other uneven driveway. Drives great down the freeway. Still trying to find the small vibration I have. All tires have beads inside.
Ill try lowering air pressure next. I have my axle weights, but am still running max sidewall psi. I can drop at least 10 pounds out of each tire.

Little update pic with the proper fitting shades up front and have one for the kitchen window now too.
I need to find more time to keep working on this thing and get it to where it needs to be! too many half finished items, but life keeps getting in the way.

I need to remove the furnace and get that tuned up before the fall comes. Im guessing sail switch is done for. Ah, also have to replace the main valve on the propane tank for the applicances. If not cranked all the way out, it leaks a bit of propane, and whistles when the furnace is (was) on. Some type of restriction in it.

Also a pic of how the front lounge looked like when I picked it up!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	front seats.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	297558   Click image for larger version

Name:	1989-Monaco-Crown-Royale-inside.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	297559  

Old 08-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #111

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Man that really looks great, sure changed it. You've done a fine job, love the color coordination.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:56 PM   #112

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The propane valves do leak if they are not turned all the way closed or open! They are all that way! If it does not leak when all the way open, your golden! (Pun intended) Rail!

Tags
monaco