Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #29

I used to deal with Discount tire for years until they started raising their prices and not giving any decent promotions. I bought 5 sets of 4 tires and wheels from them when they gave $320 in debit cards for each set of 4. Also they don't sell anything in the 245/70/19.5 tire.

Ken.........

91 Metro Convertible 91 Suzuki Sidekick and 92 Suzuki Swift GT toads
givemeaboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2020, 03:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Sailun tires - Issue may be more than Simple Tire - Read review below

"Sailun tires are made in China, are a Tier Three tire brand that focuses on price point rather than performance, and I feel comfortable recommending these tires to you.

........................ After doing a bit of research I found out that this tire is made by a larger Chinese conglomerate, has headquarters in China, and is one of the cheapest tires you can purchase for your car and SUV. I also found out that Sailun knows their tires are value branded, can’t perform as well as their competitors, and are counting on you to not know the difference between their tire and a premium tire."

Look before you fall into the "Cheap China Option"

JMHO
Must have been written by a Goodyear dealer. Sailun is a Canadian company. Please find more than 1 complaint on 16” or 17.5” Sailun tires in the last 10 years. You won’t find it! Sorry but what you were told is BS!
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #31

Send a message via MSN to e4services
I believe it is 2 years from the date code, but yes, they are considered New. How far out from the date code you get depends on the sales volume.
I bought Toyo 144's for one of my rigs and got 2017 dated tires in 2019. I was told "two years is still considered new in the tire industry." So there you go
e4services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #32

Simple Tire moves a LOT of tires - especially Sailuns... When I bought 6 of them from them, they were all within 90 days old. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again..
Old 05-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #33

Send a message via MSN to e4services
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Michelins stated policy of "do not use if tires are older than 10 years" you now have three tires with 30% of their life already passed, and three with 13% of their life already passed. Personally, I will replace our current tires at 8 years.
Not correct, "10 years old" is 10 years of operation not from the date code. The tire is not braking down in storage
e4services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:02 PM   #34

I’m Afraid your wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn John View Post
Must have been written by a Goodyear dealer. Sailun is a Canadian company. Please find more than 1 complaint on 16” or 17.5” Sailun tires in the last 10 years. You won’t find it! Sorry but what you were told is BS!
it doesn’t take much research to figure out were these tires are from. Here is a link to the full article
https://tiremeetsroad.com/2018/12/03...they-any-good/

I believe you owe someone an apology and yes BUY AMERICAN !!!!! SAVE OUR JOBS
outwestred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by outwestred View Post
it doesn’t take much research to figure out were these tires are from. Here is a link to the full article
https://tiremeetsroad.com/2018/12/03...they-any-good/

I believe you owe someone an apology and yes BUY AMERICAN !!!!! SAVE OUR JOBS
NO, no apology! We know where the tires are made Have you ever seen a complaint? Made in China by a Canadian company. It will take a lot of research to find complaints on Sailuns. Of course you can find many on the GY G614 made in the USA at twice the price. Waiting on your complaint research results. I will pay for SAFETY and Sailun has the best reputation! After your research, I don't need an apology.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:17 PM   #36

I bought Sailun S637 tires for our Montana from Simple Tires and they were four months old. I don’t worry too much about the age because we tend to wear them out from miles, not age.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:53 PM   #37

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
what they are saying is that they have many tires and if they checked a date for you, there is no way to ensure that the tire you ended up buying would be the one they checked the dates on! I understand what they are doing, it makes sense.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:51 PM   #38

You may want to add this thought to a tire that is 4 years old when installed because if you have an accident because a tire lets go at year 8 or 9 because you put them on 4 years ago your insurance company may reject any claim for damages and that could be a big problem if the coach is laying on its side and an adjuster checks the manufactured dates. Old tires aren't like wine, they don't get better with age.... just ask anyone that has had fiberglass damage caused by a blown tire !!!!
Walt Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:03 PM   #39

"China Bombs"

Sailun Group Co., Ltd. was established in 2002 and is China's first A-share private tire company (stock code: 601058). The company integrates tire research and development, production, sales and service. Its annual operating income exceeds 15 billion yuan. With more than 18 billion yuan in assets, it has more than 11,000 employees worldwide.

The company has established modern tire manufacturing plants in Qingdao, Dongying, Shenyang and Vietnam, and has sales networks and logistics centers serving the Americas and Europe in Canada, Germany and other places. It currently has more than 6.5 million full-steel radial tires, half The annual production capacity of more than 40 million steel radial tires and more than 70,000 tons of non-road tires are sold in more than 150 countries and regions in Europe, America, Asia, Africa and so on.
westpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:38 PM   #40

Is there a specific law that says that you can't run a tire over a certain age or is it just a recommendation ?

Ken................

91 Metro Convertible 91 Suzuki Sidekick and 92 Suzuki Swift GT toads
givemeaboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4services View Post
Not correct, "10 years old" is 10 years of operation not from the date code. The tire is not braking down in storage
Are you an expert on how rubber components age? No, maybe should not be stating your opinion as facts.

Safety related components that are made of rubber in the nuclear industry must be replaced after 5 years. Rubber starts aging from day one.

Your tires are safety related more than anything I ever did in the nuclear industry. Blowing a steer tire has been the cause of several MH fatal accidents.

When I replaced the tires on my new to me MH, it had 4 yo Sampsons on the front and 10 yo Yokohama tires on the back. The tires looked like new but I replaced them because I loved my wife.

Now that she is dead maybe I will see how long tires last when properly inflated, never overloaded, and never driven fast. What are the chances of crossing the center line and taking out a family?
Old 05-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Graham View Post
You may want to add this thought to a tire that is 4 years old when installed because if you have an accident because a tire lets go at year 8 or 9 because you put them on 4 years ago your insurance company may reject any claim for damages and that could be a big problem if the coach is laying on its side and an adjuster checks the manufactured dates. Old tires aren't like wine, they don't get better with age.... just ask anyone that has had fiberglass damage caused by a blown tire !!!!
I am not aware of a single Insurance company that would deny coverage due to tire age. They also do not deny for a claim due to excess speed, reckless driving, DUI, etc. They might not renew the policy, but unless an exclusion is specifically stated in the policy, you're covered. I'm not advising one to run their tires past the accepted useful age, but the tires age will not deny coverage.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires