Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Pace Arrow Engine Compartment Light won't turn off?

This evening I had my 2003 Pace Arrow 36B pulled up on my driveway, and after dark noticed that the light inside the engine compartment was on. I cannot find a switch on, or nearby to turn it off. As I never go in there after dark, this could be a long time problem. When the the front is closed, it's hard to notice.

Interestingly....this is only happens when using shore power. When I disconnected shore power it goes off.

Any help in figuring out what's going on would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig
Craig36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #2

Just a thought but search the dash and entry door area for a "cargo" or "storage" or "utility" light switch. Still, that wouldn't explain the shore power issue.

Strange problem here. Keep me in the loop.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Light

Is the engine light 12 V or 110 V?
sailorbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #4

On the dash there is a switch for the exterior cargo lights and the left side 'porch' light, the engine compartment light is controlled by this switch also. Don't know why it only works on shore power, it is a 12v light
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With the utility light switch ON and the battery disconnects at the entry door in the disconnect mode, the 12v light would be OFF when NOT plugged into shore power. When plugged into shore power it would be powered by the converter and it would be ON. No mystery
Old Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
If the battery disconnect is turned off, the light would have 12v (from the converter)when plugged in, but would go out when unplugged.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
On my 98 pace arrow, the switch for the hood light,is on the dash. It has a picture of a light bulb on the switch.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Pace Arrow Light problem solved

Thanks to all who responded to my post.

The engine compartment light did have a switch on the dash. As the switch was unmarked, I had no idea what it controlled. I have since used my label maker to mark it. What made this find more difficult is that I also have another switch on the dash with a light bulb symbol that is not connected to anything (I assume for a spotlight or add on lights.

I can't believe that the smart people who made the workhorse chassis put the switch on the dash. What a dumb idea. Why not just put a switch right on the light as is found on the cargo lights. Then you could turn it on and off as needed.

Anyway, on to troubleshooting the satellite!

Craig
Craig36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig36 View Post
Thanks to all who responded to my post.

The engine compartment light did have a switch on the dash. As the switch was unmarked, I had no idea what it controlled. I have since used my label maker to mark it. What made this find more difficult is that I also have another switch on the dash with a light bulb symbol that is not connected to anything (I assume for a spotlight or add on lights.

I can't believe that the smart people who made the workhorse chassis put the switch on the dash. What a dumb idea. Why not just put a switch right on the light as is found on the cargo lights. Then you could turn it on and off as needed.

Anyway, on to troubleshooting the satellite!

Craig
It wasn't workhorse who put it there. It was Fleetwood. Workhorse only made the chassis (running gear). Otherwise your unit is identical to a Pace on a Ford chassis.
Old Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote