Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Solid colors are fine for sports cars that have plenty of stylish curves molded into their profile.

Here's a pretty good contrast: This is the same motorhome, before and after.
I must be odd. I like the pic on the left better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imob View Post
Taking off the decals and getting our 2000 Winne Brave painted is something we have been thinking about for late next year. Does anyone have any idea on a ball park price of getting a paint job?

It'll be a bunch, probably shockingly so. There is a local outfit that installs the Rhino RV roof liner on rigs. To do a 33' Travel trailer runs right at $4,000.00 which astounded me. Of course this outfit removes everything off the roof, vents, AC, etc and makes repairs if needed. They do require that they install new vent frames, black tank vent, and some other stuff due to the warranty.

If I was painting a RV I'd check all sources. If possible I wouldn't paint it, I'd coat it. That stuff is durable.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2016, 06:44 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Solid colors are fine for sports cars that have plenty of stylish curves molded into their profile.

With rare exception, a motorhome is a brick and inherently butt ugly. One of the few ways to give it any style is through the paint pattern.

Great job USMC. That really paints the picture! Regards
Old 11-06-2016, 08:11 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

With rare exception, a motorhome is a brick and inherently butt ugly. One of the few ways to give it any style is through the paint pattern.

Wow - nice change. I could live with the plain version but the paint really gives it character.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by imob View Post
Taking off the decals and getting our 2000 Winne Brave painted is something we have been thinking about for late next year. Does anyone have any idea on a ball park price of getting a paint job?
I have seen threads on removing the decals. It appears that 3M makes a decal removal buffing wheel and works quite well, just takes time.

Fellow behind us bought a coach with some body damage and repaired it himself. Went to a local paint store where they matched the paint and put it in rattle cans. The result was very good. Would not have noticed the work if he had not posted it on the forum.

If you wanted to do it yourself I think you could do an acceptable job by removing the decals yourself and repainting the pattern yourself.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #19
Community Moderator

an interesting discussion... i am in the camp of less swirls but not entirely solid.
if you click on my avatar, you can see mine is just like that.

when i repainted my whole body 3 years ago, the painter offered me to choose up to 3 colors and any pattern as only as not too complicated. i said, nope, just two colors, here you go, paint like this. i gave him a graphic i came up with by myself.

i have gotten many comments i considered as compliments at rv sites and on the road. of course there must have been some who disliked it but had never slapped on my face . if i had to redo it, i would still do the same except moving the starting line a little forward (before the front wheel).
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tiffin uses only 4 colors unless you want to start deleting colors. Same basic design however. If you want to substitute a color it has to be a color that is being used in that model year - no custom colors. And finally, any change in the stock paint scheme is going to going to cost you from $ to $$$.

I prefer the "designed" motorhome paint schemes. As others have said, a big white box is butt ugly.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #21

That before and after set of pics:
I must be old school but prefer the before pic. The swirly bird refinish resembles a toucan with an under-bite, or a different type of Seattle Seahawk logo. JMO and BTW our COACH is solid Summit white. 🌞

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint