RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Unless your running the roof AC, there is not much need for anything more than 20A 115V while in storage. You just need the 20A feed to keep batteries charged and for any small loads (like running a dehumidifier).

Just setup your Xantrex for a 15A incoming amperage. If anything were to exceed that the Inverter will add the additional juice. But 15A is plenty for storage purposes.
I don't think that inverter is a hybrid unit that can supplement the shore power.

The power share is just so it doesn't use to much of the incoming shore power, while in charge mode.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaTV View Post
Thanks Mike and Tony!

My Norcold Freezer/Fridge will run off of 15A to cool it down before a trip?

Sorry for so many newb questions... I also dont like unintentionally starting fires!
Your nevercold will work as well as it ever will on just 15 amps, however I can't stress enough what has already been stated, DO NOT OPERATE your fridge in that extreme an un-level condition. You risk damage to the fridge at a minimum, and a fire risk down the road in the worst case.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
My driveway has more slope than yours. My driveway has about four feet drop over the 34' length of our coach. I have been parking my coaches there since 1981. I never have had a problem. All of my coaches have been gas. My latest is a 2016 F53 Ford chassis.

I have a 30 amp outlet that I use to keep the batteries charged. While on the slope I don't use slides, Jack's, or refrigerator. I can pull forward near the street to a level spot where we can open level the coach, extend slides, and power the refrigerator when getting the coach ready.
Thats been one thing- I've heard on a slop like ours (yours being more severe), that you dont want to try and cool the fridge whilst sloped. I could back the coach up next to the house the day before a trip to level it out so we can run the fridge. fricken geography!
JPaTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We canít even think about getting in our driveway,and the street out front is sloped as well. We only bring it to the house to load, u load, or fix something for a day or two. Iíve had several problems the last three years attributable to the slope. I have 2 sets 2x12s layered three high, for driving up on the right rear, and 1 layer of 2x12 for the left rear. It gets pretty close to level. But I swear it also is twisting the frame. The storage bay doors on the passenger side wonít latch. The big heavy passenger side slide pops so I quite opening it at home. And last week, the coupe de gras. I was running the driver side bedroom slide out....a loud metal pop, and the slide jammed 3/4 out. It sheared teeth off the motor gear assy.