RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingThru View Post
Same concept I use flashlights lay them
On the ground always have a bunch itís csmping you can never have enough flashlights
Been doing the Flashlight thing for 20 years and it works every time.
ChasL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
I installed these LED light bars just above the tail/stoplights, on our coach, makes it bright as day.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180826_154147.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	223886Click image for larger version

Name:	20180711_212519.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	223887
Hangfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
A closeupClick image for larger version

Name:	1540578217157.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	223889
Hangfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:48 PM   #46

I always carry a portable halogen flood lamp. Plug it in at the power pole, lighting up the entire site. Have loaned it to others when they needed the help.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
For me - It's Simple - After dark park in the Wal*Mart - roll into the CampGround in the AM. Trees - Rocks - Fences - Neighbors - all deserve Light and correct time of the morning. -

snip

To the extent possible I follow ^., including driving at night. I did have to drive and park at night due to a flat tire earlier in the day. I had several spotters when parking one stationed at the drivers window and another with a walkie talkie.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:31 AM   #48

Neither is Walmart...Ugg!
Danj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:29 PM   #49

When getting ready to back in, turn on just the parking lights, get out in the dark for a few minutes to let your eyes adjust, have a spotter with a flashlight or lantern behind your vehicle with a walkie talkie. When in doubt get out and double check your progression. The led light bar on the back is GREAT idea!
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #50

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I used to park helicopters at night in the Army. Lights and night vision don't coexist. It takes 30-45 minutes of darkness for your night (rod cell) vision (visual purple) to be fully active. Looking at a white flashlight for a few seconds reverses this process to varying degrees (depending on the light's intensity and duration of exposure). IMHO, its much safer to use lots of light to park your rv at night. Those reflective strips are a great idea. Walmart, too.
ThorVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:20 PM   #51

backing up while dark

Get a couple of white l.e.d. lights, one for each side of your rig, and wire them into the backup lights circuit. Mount them hi or lo @ the rear of the rig(if hi, angle them toward the ground) . I GUARANTEE you will be able to see if you have the right lights mounted in the right place at the right angle! Years ago I mounted a rectangular off-road light at the front of my boat trailer and angled it down a little- WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! This works well for ANYTHING you trailer (from my experience). Just make sure you mount the light where it won't get broken, bumped etc.. TRY IT, GUARANTEE YOU"LL LOVE IT!!! !
IT
railtunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by railtunz View Post
Get a couple of white l.e.d. lights, one for each side of your rig, and wire them into the backup lights circuit. Mount them hi or lo @ the rear of the rig(if hi, angle them toward the ground).
I looked around and didn't find anything offered commercially, but a backup light unit that mounts to the 2" square receiver and plugs into the 7-pin round socket sounds like it might be useful for someone not wanting to permanently install lights. Two or even three floods on a short bar could cover the entire area behind the coach and to the sides, at least from the aft end back, with as much light as anyone could want. And the reverse pin is already present in the socket, though I don't know if they're factory wired for reverse as they are in my GC, which I use for surge brake lockout plus backup lights on my boat trailer.
KanzKran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:06 AM   #53

I replaced the original backup floods with LED units. Used them for the first time the other night. Lit up the area behind me like it was daytime. They made my spotter less effective though. She only has one arm to blindly signal me with now, because the other arm is over her eyes.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote