Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2021, 02:18 AM   #1

Parts PDF

Someone posted the link to the Winnebago Parts website, and I cannot find it.

When I go to winnebagoind.com, & get to my section (IPG38T). it says "404 Not Found". This is an Error Message.

All I am trying to locate is the filter canister and its rubber seal.

Both of these items are located under the cargo bay.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2021, 03:18 AM   #2

Moxxi-

Here is the link to the parts catalog for your coach.

Scott ("FIRE UP") had a similar problem yesterday. Winnebago might have been maintaining the Web site.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:51 PM   #3

l1v3fr33ord1,

Thank you.
That was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I wasn't sure of what the items were called, so I used that PDF's " Search" feature, & typed in "FILYER". Out of 242 pages, the PDF had only a few pages with the word FILTER on it.

['m thinking that I need part number 155482-01-01A for the housing that holds the water filter.

I cannot find where to purchase this item. When I google the part number, I am redirected to a SHURFLO item.

If possible, I would like to get the correct item.

Has anyone had success with SHURFLO?
Moxxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:38 PM   #4

Sorry.

I meant FILTER.
Samsung keyboards are really small. You'd think that they would do something about that.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #5

Do you need the entire housing? ...or just the filter?

Winnebago used the Shurflo/Pentek housing and is readily available at retailers. You don't have to order it from Winnebago nor is it a proprietary Winnebago part.

If you need the housing, they're less than $50 and I can help you shop for it if you'd like. It should look similar to this:

SHURFLO 158196 Housing Pump

Notice how it lists your Winnebago part number.

If you just need the filter cartridges, you can buy those anywhere --even at the big-box stores, see below). They're a standard 2.5" x 10" (or sometimes described as 2 1/2" x 9 3/4") Pentek-type carbon 5-micron cartridge.

If you need a cartridge immediately, both Lowes and Home Depot will carry one that will be compatible. Again, they are just generic cartridges and will be labeled with different manufacturers. If you get on Amazon, you can buy them by the bulk and save money. You can buy the standard-level Shurflo but they'll cost a bit more but I don't think there's any substantial difference. Or, if you want to upgrade above what Winnebago supplied as OEM, you can purchase a more fancy filter cartridges that will fit.

We just used the standard ones and changed them often as we didn't usually drink from the incoming water.

Here's the one I bought when I needed one at retail ...I went to Lowes and bought either a Whirlpool or AO Smith 2-pack depending on what was in stock:

AO Smith at Lowes

Whirlpool at Lowes

Home Depot will have a GE 2-pack:

GE at Home Depot

edited to add: Now that I re-read your post, it sounds as if you need the housing itself and not the filter. I just looked it up at one of my favorite online retailers, RVUpgrades.com (I recommend them not just because they're a forum sponsor and the owner is the founder of iRV2, but because of the excellent service and fast shipping), and they have it for $20.64 but it appears they're currently out of stock. Also, if you look at the same page linked below, RVupgrades sells the actual Shurflow cartridge for $6.25 so I was wrong about it being more expensive.

Shurflo 158196 Housing 1/2" Female Ports - 10"

If you need it immediately, it looks as if other online vendors do have the housing available. Let me know and I'll give you a link.

I believe the housing includes one o-ring seal but check with retailer to make sure. If not or you need an extra one, I just noticed this on e-bay (It's Shurflo part #9417809)

SHURflo 9417809 O-Ring Kit 2 Pack
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:03 AM   #6

TheRoc,

Thanks for all of the information.
One question for you.

If I am to use a Shurflo housing,, is it possible to purchase JUST the portion that screws up into the other portion?

I would like to not have to remove additional parts of the filtration system. Especially considering all that I need is the part that screws up onto the part that's already attached & there's nothing wrong with that part.

It's not a money issue.
I just don't see replacing a part that isn't damaged.

And, the housing is a part that's designed to come off.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #7

I wonder if the Shurflo 158196's bottom piece would be an exact "thread match up" to my old housing part.

If so, I'd just make the purchase, unscrew the 2 new pieces,, & put the new bottom onto the already attached upper piece.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:27 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Here's how to get to the WBGO parts lists, diagrams and such if you don't have someone provide a link for you.

Go to www.winnebago.com (not winnebagoind.com like previously).
Click on the "OWNERS" tab in the menubar
Click on the "OWNERS TOOLS" tab in the drop down menu

NEXT, there will be a couple of choices.

1. To get the 2D/3D Parts list just scroll down to the "Research Winnebago Parts" link and click on "Parts Catalog"
2. If you don't want the parts list, but want Electrical or Plumbing diagrams click on the "Motorhome Knowledge Base" "Find Information" and then scroll down to the diagram links, etc.

These are only available for Motorhomes Class A, B or C. There are no such options for any Towables (TTs or 5ers)

Also under Owers/Owners Tools if you scroll down you'll find a link to all Operator's Manuals. PDF copies of all the manuals in your motorhome's briefcase.

Lastly, sometimes your motorhome may be older than the model year choices that are available. If that happens you can try to manually change the year in the link URL. If you click on say a diagram for a 2005 model because there isn't one listed for your 2001, just go up to the URL in the address bar and change the year to the appropriate year. Many times this works and you can go back to much older diagrams.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 10.22.54 AM.png
Views:	30
Size:	511.4 KB
ID:	319479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 10.23.27 AM.png
Views:	47
Size:	869.0 KB
ID:	319480  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 10.23.40 AM.png
Views:	33
Size:	770.4 KB
ID:	319481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 10.24.12 AM.png
Views:	32
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	319482  

Old 02-27-2021, 01:54 PM   #9

When I was searching around yesterday, I didn't see just the bottom portion for sale.

I'm going to guess that the threads will be an exact match as the canister itself should be the exact OEM that Winnebago originally supplied and has the matching cross-reference. I'd just order the unit and try it. If the threads happen not to line up, then use the new top portion.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts