RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 01:49 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Parts Supply

Where do you go to find your parts? Is there a JC Whitney or Summit for RV's?

How do you find hard to locate things?

My most difficult things seems to be finding the right name/description of the part as well as where to find it?

For example: On a recent trip, the plastic pull to slide my driver's seat forward/backward broke. The plastic cracked such that it would not pull the wire cable that releases the seat. Bummer, I like to push the seat back when I stop to have more room to get out over the doghouse. What is the name of that thing? Where to find it such that I do not have to buy a new seat!

Anyway, you get it... where is your "go to" for parts for those who want to try to do the work yourself?

Thanks in advance for the help.
zekethomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekethomas View Post
Where do you go to find your parts? Is there a JC Whitney or Summit for RV's?

How do you find hard to locate things?

My most difficult things seems to be finding the right name/description of the part as well as where to find it?

For example: On a recent trip, the plastic pull to slide my driver's seat forward/backward broke. The plastic cracked such that it would not pull the wire cable that releases the seat. Bummer, I like to push the seat back when I stop to have more room to get out over the doghouse. What is the name of that thing? Where to find it such that I do not have to buy a new seat!

Anyway, you get it... where is your "go to" for parts for those who want to try to do the work yourself?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Unfortunately there is not 1 store for everything. I use several sources. This web site is a very good place to start. Post your questions and requests over on the Winnebago site. chances are somebody over there already had the same thing break, upgraded this, 'tweeked' that. They will give you ideas and sources then you can google it to find best price, availability, etc.

If you're into doing a lot of the repairs yourself, it can be a lot of fun and quite satisfying. If you're the type that doesn't like to get your hands dirty and don't own any tools, get ready to spend some money.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I suppose it depends on what coach you have -- but I like/use this site Northwest RV Supply
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #4

since you have a Winnebago product I use Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City, IA for genuine Winnebago parts. otherwise Colaw Salvage in Carthage, MO. but there are lots of independent RV parts suppliers on line.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:10 PM   #5

I try to maintain everything myself.
Between this forum to youtube lots of info out there.

Winnebago Ind, has better documents than most builders for info on parts.

If I strike out with the internet I use the same sources as RK911.

good luck
TJ
thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:37 PM   #6

For seat cables try flex steel Bradd And Hall my have ones you need. Amazon is a good source for some parts filter air oil Ultra Oremy and Always RV Salvage
Old 10-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks to all. You all are great! So, I am looking for: "Remote slide cable flapper" ... of course, you cannot buy just the flapper... you have to buy the $30 cable with the flapper... oh well...
zekethomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:11 AM   #8

Yikes! Sourcing motorhome parts can be really tough. At least Winnebago is still in business so you have a place to start. Motorhome manufacturers get their parts from so many places many motorhomes are real "Frankenstein monsters". After about 6 years I finally knew my Fleetwood Bounder well enough to be able to find parts, then I sold it and bought the Safari a year and a half ago, and the process started all over again. I learned early on my stove, toilet, hot water heater, and furnace were all marine parts used in boats. Fortunately I live on the coast where there's places that service and handle those brands if needed. Safaris are now orphans although I hear Monaco does have some info on them. There's been a few cases where I've found parts on ebay. That's where I located a tiny vacuum pump that was bad when I bought the coach. It is used to control my dash vents and fortunately searching for "vacuum pump" and the numbers printed on the side worked. I've done that several time with both google and ebay. It can be shocking just how effective these search engines are with a few number off a label. Forums like this and others are invaluable too. There's almost always someone out there who's had the same problem and solved it before. That collective knowledge has saved me thousands!
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:10 PM   #9

I get mine from Winnebagoparts.com for coach stuff like a light switch. Camping world for appliance parts - fridge spark igniter, water heater temp switch, air cond. caps were all priced equal to going online.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:24 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
one thing that is good to remember when shopping for RV parts is price you can pay at factory places. Example: A 1/4 inch by 2 inch grade 5 bolt will cost about $ .25 at a hardware store, same item at a auto parts store will cost $ .39, at a boat shop $.59, at a RV store $.99 at a airplane store $2.99 if if the Government buys it it might cost $209.00. Point is to shop the internet, Google, eBay etc. and don't forget the Auto Salvage places. Much for an RV is common to Trucks and Autos. For your seat lever I would take what you have left and head to the nearest Junk Yard and show them what you are looking for.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:40 AM   #11

If I can't find it on Amazon, the I try PPL. If they don't have it, then I go to the parts breakdown for my Winnebago (available from submitting your VIN) and then do a web search using the WBI part number. I've had some limited success doing it that way.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
If I can't find it on Amazon, the I try PPL. If they don't have it, then I go to the parts breakdown for my Winnebago (available from submitting your VIN) and then do a web search using the WBI part number. I've had some limited success doing it that way.
I use PPL also. I usually order online. If I have a question I call but sometimes have a short wait if all the order lines are busy.
I wouldn't use CW if they paid me to take their parts off their hands.
Lynn

Tags
parts