Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2021, 09:14 PM   #1

Passenger Side Switch Panels Not Working

Passenger Side Switch Panels Not Working
2009 Monaco Diplomat: Both switch panels to the right of the passenger seat are inoperative. One of the panels has the following switches: porch light, handle step lights, step, bay lights, battery cutoff, ceiling lights. The other switch panel has the following switches: ceiling lights and step cover extend and retract.

I have had an RV Repair guy try to fix the issue, but he was unable to figure out what is going on. He did verify that there is power into the switch panels, but none of the switches are working. He wasn't sure whether these switches are part of the multiplex system or not and thought that one issue may be causing all of the switches to not work.

I am fairy handy, but I do not know anything about wiring or electrical. Any ideas would be appreciated including a repair center in the Southeast that might be able to handle the repair.

Thank You for your time and help.
bbralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2021, 01:12 PM   #2

Since over 80% of all 12V problems are the result of a poor/missing ground that is where I would focus my attention first. It sounds like one common ground for all the switches is causing the entire problem.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:29 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Typically, when you run a switch, it switches 12 volt power (+) on and off. On Monaco products, they switched the 12 volt ground (-) on and off. You want to make sure that panel(s) is getting a good ground connection.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:53 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. A ground issue seems to be unanimous so far, so I will see if I can figure it out. It's pretty difficult to find anyone to work on an 11 year old coach right now.
bbralph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, switch