Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #1

Pesky window leak

Hi all, problem is with co-pilots side window. rain (or hose) water quickly collects in the windows lower track and overflows onto dash and wall. I have very carefully re caulked top and side of window to no avail. This is a frameless window. Cannot see any leak coming down from top of window on the inside.
Unit is parked on a nose down driveway, so water flows pretty fast down the roof. I looked really close for drains or weep holes in the lower track but couldn't find any. Any help would really be appreciated...Thanks !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2022, 07:30 AM   #2

We have similar problem and NIRVC says needs new window. Seals shot. I tape bottom of window along outside when rain is threatened. We park in a garage so only an issue when camping.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
There's a system that you can build or have a shop set up that pressures up the air inside your rig. It draws air in from a roof vent with a squirril cage fan. Once the pressure comes up, you can go outside and use a small amount of soapy water to find the exact spot of the leak. Sometimes it's not exactly where you think it is. Good luck.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5winds View Post
Hi all, problem is with co-pilots side window. rain (or hose) water quickly collects in the windows lower track and overflows onto dash and wall. I have very carefully re caulked top and side of window to no avail. This is a frameless window. Cannot see any leak coming down from top of window on the inside.
Unit is parked on a nose down driveway, so water flows pretty fast down the roof. I looked really close for drains or weep holes in the lower track but couldn't find any. Any help would really be appreciated...Thanks !
Check your front cap
A leak from the front cap can flow down that window due to its location. Some have screws on the side that are not sealed properly.
Believe me I know. My brand new one had that leak. It was a screw on the cap they was never sealed.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:10 AM   #5

I had that leak, mine was with a framed window though. Pulled up the track rubber, cleaned them and the track, cleaned the weep holes and re-leveled the coach. So far so good.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:16 AM   #6

Agree with clean the weep holes in the window track. If the weep holes get clogged no telling where the water will go.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 01:19 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
If it's a dual pane frameless window, the issue is typically, the outer glass is coming loose. The water gets past that window glue and then fills the window trough. Either replace the window or reseal.

Take blue painters' tape and place it on the fiberglass directly under the outer edge of the window on the top and both sides. Use clear silicone and force it into the joint between the window and fiberglass, smoothing with your finger. When done, remove the blue tape and you won't see the repair.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:12 PM   #8

Many Thanks to all. I think I've discovered the problem. This is a sliding window, with a sliding panel and screen. There is a horizontal rubber seal that allows panel to slide back and forth, and a vertical one also. It appears that both are weather worn and not pressing against the sliding panel very well. Going to duct tape over these seals tomorrow and water test. If this is the case, does anyone know if these seals are replaceable? Thanks in advance.

Tags
leak, wind, window