Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2015, 06:06 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Mind poting a pic of the tinted windshield
CJ7365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Well this is disturbing since we have a crack in the passenger side of our Winnebago's windshield and also Progressive insurance.
Both sides are labelled "Winnebago" so I hope the replacement will come from them and be a match.

Any hints on what we should or should not tell them when we make the call? We really do not know why it is cracked. DW discovered it while we were heading down the highway. We heard or saw no impact like a rock nor is there the usual round dimple made by something like that.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:40 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Well this is disturbing since we have a crack in the passenger side of our Winnebago's windshield and also Progressive insurance.
Both sides are labelled "Winnebago" so I hope the replacement will come from them and be a match.

Any hints on what we should or should not tell them when we make the call? We really do not know why it is cracked. DW discovered it while we were heading down the highway. We heard or saw no impact like a rock nor is there the usual round dimple made by something like that.
a rock hit it it is not your job to figure out how
Old 05-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #18

I feel you , I have towing with progressive. The only time I needed it I sat for four hours, and the was told the company they dispatched didn't have a rig to haul a big rig. Finally a trucker gave me a push off the road. Great guy unhooked his load and everything. Never ask for anything and never got his name. Thanks Swift driver
diesel1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #19

I like brianw8602's thinking.....just saying 👼
Old 05-06-2015, 07:40 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiethco View Post
After 3 weeks of dealing with Progressive they're done. They told me this isn't a safety issue and there's a clause in my contract that states there may be slight difference in tint shades. The tint looks like it was hand brushed in upon closer inspection, there are stroke marks.
I told them to come get the windshield and I'll source a closer replacement. Sorry to put Duncan in the middle but this is a joke. I'll be changing my boat, motorcycle and other toys in the coming weeks. Passenger side is the replacement.
That's crazy...
Old 05-07-2015, 03:44 AM   #21

Duncan, the company that actually did the replacement for Progressive called today. They're taking steps to satisfy me and seem to actually understand what customer service means.
I own a Commercial cleaning company. I have survived and thrive by never quitting on a customer during our 34 years in business. Progressive could have made the same suggestions and offers Duncan did today. They left the table and Duncan was tasked with collecting the $500.00 deductible from an unhappy customer.
Over the next year I'll be placing all $2,000.00 of my RV, boat, motorcycles, and Manx dune buggy policy with other carriers. I learned my lesson, will read the fine print, and look for more value over a low rate.
kiethco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:24 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pds47 View Post
a rock hit it it is not your job to figure out how
You know, I think you are right
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #23

Duncan is a great company. After my windshield replacement got turned over to them, everything got handled in an excellent manner.
graysondee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Duncan just replaced my drivers side for progressive and it was an identical match. What happened here isn't right. I would be pissed too. IMHO this is a Duncan screw up. Got the wrong numbers off the glass.
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Glad to hear Duncan is stepping up. They're a good company. I only stay with progressive because it's the cheapest. My wife retired from Allstate after 42 years. We're always shopping it.
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #26

Just how would this be Progressive's fault? The did not install the windshield...
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #27

As for fault, it's a matter of making an effort to make it right. How anyone can look at that and think it's ok to leave it that way is b.s. Progressive hires vendors to make their customers whole again. It's ultimately their responsibility as to the quality of those repairs through vendors sourced by Progressive. It's crappy to leave Duncan and me holding the bag on a technicality.
I don't know who's fault it is or what loophole they're hiding behind, just try to solve the problem. Legally, Progressive is protected. Ethically, they're wrong, Duncan realized that and at their expense, offered a solution. It was $90.00 to get the tint to match. I won't even submit that to Duncan, I thought Progressive could have done the same thing.
Sorry this is getting so drawn out but I'm happy to pass along my experience on this minor issue as a telling tale of the bigger picture should someone have a significant loss later on.
kiethco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD788Snipe View Post
Duncan just replaced my drivers side for progressive and it was an identical match. What happened here isn't right. I would be pissed too. IMHO this is a Duncan screw up. Got the wrong numbers off the glass.
I agree that it is the glass installers problem. They should install one that is correct, they did not. The insurance paid them to do it correctly, they did not, they should step up and fix it. Sounds like they finally did.
mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote