Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2021, 07:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Do your due diligence like you are and make your decision based on your results. It doesn't matter what anyone here says unless they are going to pay for part of it. As long as you do not intend to rely on any after sale service from the selling dealer, it doesn't matter who you buy from. How much can be wrong with a 2 year old chassis with or without service??? If you're happy with the floor plan, size and price, buy it.
I received copies of the service done including oil change. I asked because it sounded like the other post was mostly based on hatred of CW and I was curious. As long as they fix the few items the rv inspector found, I'm sure we'll get it.
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2021, 07:27 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkimo View Post
Derek F.
Crasher is right. As we are doing our Due Diligence prior to purchase so should you as well. Eventually it will come down to trusting your heart or your head. Good Luck on you journey. As far as Camping World, I have seen,read , been to the big Florida store in Tampa ? Just don't like the Vibe.
I feel we have been doing our due diligence. I said several time about scary part is its CW.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:35 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBound View Post
By chance is this coach gold/black and about 12k miles? I almost bought a 40p in Tucson and decided not to - seller said he had an offer that was acceptable from CW in Phoenix area if i did not purchase.
No its brownish colors. Looks like bought in Tucson and serviced there. Am I lucky its not the same coach? Why did you not get it? CW has 2 stores in Phx area.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:11 AM   #32

Derek,
That factory warranty expiring January 27 is very valuable to you. I am on my second Entegra and they are great people to work with and fix absolutely everything that is wrong. That being said I can tell you that on each of my Entegra coaches I had at least 30 items that we identified ithin our warranty period that needed fixing. Some minor but some not so much. If you have time to purchase and give it a good shakedown before warranty expiry I can't see you not being happy. But I would suggest you check with Entegra and confirm using the vin # of the coach that as long as you identify the issues prior to January 27 they will be covered.

Also be aware that whatever issues they fix are guaranteed I think for just 90 days being as how your 2 year warranty will be expired. So it will be important to be able to use the coach for the 90 days after repairs so you can ensure all is OK. A lot of us owners have had multiple visits for the same issue before it is resolved.

Good luck!

Bill
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:13 PM   #33

Did you have him sample coolant? Coolant requires more maintenance than oil unless it has the non-SCA coolant from the factory. Not sure what Spartan uses.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Derek,
That factory warranty expiring January 27 is very valuable to you. I am on my second Entegra and they are great people to work with and fix absolutely everything that is wrong. That being said I can tell you that on each of my Entegra coaches I had at least 30 items that we identified ithin our warranty period that needed fixing. Some minor but some not so much. If you have time to purchase and give it a good shakedown before warranty expiry I can't see you not being happy. But I would suggest you check with Entegra and confirm using the vin # of the coach that as long as you identify the issues prior to January 27 they will be covered.

Also be aware that whatever issues they fix are guaranteed I think for just 90 days being as how your 2 year warranty will be expired. So it will be important to be able to use the coach for the 90 days after repairs so you can ensure all is OK. A lot of us owners have had multiple visits for the same issue before it is resolved.

Good luck!

Bill
Thanks Bill, That is what I am trying to do. Through NIRVC Phoenix. The coach through them fell apart. But I liked them, hoping I get a call tomorrow from the one guy we were dealing with. I think CW now realizes the importance of "we are running out of time".
Old 01-10-2021, 06:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Did you have him sample coolant? Coolant requires more maintenance than oil unless it has the non-SCA coolant from the factory. Not sure what Spartan uses.
Still waiting for those results. Two fluids done and those were the two suggested by inspector.
thx
Old 01-10-2021, 07:05 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Derek,

Good luck!

Bill
Good advice - I’d be comfortable proceeding under these conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
Still waiting for those results. Two fluids done and those were the two suggested by inspector.
thx
Well it’s essentially a new coach, so if in doubt, just spent the $ to have a complete flush and replenish with the good stuff and you will be worry free for many miles. I’m going to have mine done while at Nappanee for other stuff just for the peace of mind.

Transmission and rear end too. Do they need it yet? No. Could I do it myself? Certainly. But in the grand order of things it’s not that much more expensive, it’s a lot easier, and I get the peace of mind knowing I’m ahead of the maintenance curve.

I don’t like surprises and Im getting lazy these days - I’d rather spend my time doing other things.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:35 AM   #37

A 2019 DP with the mileage you listed does not worry me about the engine oil. However, the problems noted with the slides DO worry me. The slide problems need to be addressed prior to final purchase, in my opinion.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:09 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcpl View Post
A 2019 DP with the mileage you listed does not worry me about the engine oil. However, the problems noted with the slides DO worry me. The slide problems need to be addressed prior to final purchase, in my opinion.
Slides is one thing still being discussed. When I went to see something yesterday the one slide that didn't retract all the way was properly set. I pointed that out. Getting ready to call Entegra as the warranty ends end of Jan and might be able to get somethings taken care under warranty.
Thanks.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:20 PM   #39

Quote:
Derek,

Good luck!

Bill
I called Entegra about the warranty and was told that if not an authorized dealer warranty does not transfer to new owner. The CS rep told me he should not be talking to me as I am not an owner. WTF kind of attitude is that? Ever heard of pre-sales questions? Or those only apply if buying a new coach?
Old 01-14-2021, 04:36 PM   #40

Mid Atlantic Campers
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Personally without maintenance records it would need a through pdi. Any warranty excludes problems related to lack of required maintenance or previous neglect. I would take it to a Cummins shop and have the codes dumped for history if any issues.

Good luck
kjbellek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:56 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbellek View Post
Personally without maintenance records it would need a through pdi. Any warranty excludes problems related to lack of required maintenance or previous neglect. I would take it to a Cummins shop and have the codes dumped for history if any issues.

Good luck
I finally have service records.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:01 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Wow!! A lot of hate Camping Word out there. Just one campers point of view but the times we have dealt with Camping World have all been very positive. Lowest rating maybe a 7.8. That includes service, all sorts of purchases (yes they are high but they are handy on the road) and one Gasser MH (that gave us no problems all the years we owned it). I'm sure people have reasons for the "hate" guess I'm glad I don't have those "reasons". Buying from CW would NOT be a game changer for us, one way or another!
Kountry_star is offline   Reply With Quote