Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #15

Buy it if you like it and the price is fair. Plan to have all of the fluids/filters serviced right away to give you peace of mind and then change at appropriate intervals. Another option is to see if they will let YOU drive it to Freightliner or a good truck shop to give it a quick inspection underneath and check for major oil/antifreeze leaks, brakes, tires, etc.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2021, 12:55 PM   #16
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
You say lack of service.....how do you know that? I do all my own servicing which won't register with the dealer or the chassis manufacturer. If they had it done at a private shop or a place like Speedco, it still wouldn't be registered.

As noted above, 13K doesn't even fall into a service interval. However, most manufacturers want an initial service at 6 months or 6K miles. Diesel oil is pitch black 10 minutes after an oil change.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
What do you like about this coach? Do you like the floorpan? Do you think it will fit your RVing style? All you can do is the best due diligence you can (inspection, research service history, etc) and then you'll be able to make the most informed decision you can. Ultimately I think we all make a gut call somewhere along the line. If we were totally analytical, none of us would own RVs in the first place.

By the way, since you're dealing with CW make sure you check all the other little things on the coach. Check the date codes on the tires. Not that I'd accuse them of swapping 2 year old tires out, but it would not hurt. ( https://rvtires.com/read-tire-manufa...v=7516fd43adaa ).

Good luck, hope you find your coach.
Actually if we were ordering new this would be the model with only change maybe seat colors. Good point about the gut call. CW asking seller to provide proof of maintenance or receipts if they did the work or extended service plan. Inspector checked date codes the ones he could see, date codes were good. CW is one of the scariest parts about this deal. Actually once they realized I had done some homework they seem to be decent. Still waiting to see if continues or falls apart now.
Thank you for reply
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Other than the extra year, which means nothing with modern oils, it’s technically not even ready for an oil change. So I’d be fine with it. Maybe even better if it hasn’t been changed because then there’s no chance of substandard oil having been used. And that mileage means it didn’t just sit for the last two years either which is also beneficial. I bought my Ventana with 16k on it, no maintenance records, and it didn’t worry me a bit. Just had them service everything before I brought it home.
Not real interested in having Camping World do much to it. I'll take it to NIRVC in Phoenix. Already talked to salesman we used on first coach (44W) which fell apart.
I was mostly concerned from the warranty standpoint.
Thanks for reply
Old 01-05-2021, 04:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC182 View Post
Buy it if you like it and the price is fair. Plan to have all of the fluids/filters serviced right away to give you peace of mind and then change at appropriate intervals. Another option is to see if they will let YOU drive it to Freightliner or a good truck shop to give it a quick inspection underneath and check for major oil/antifreeze leaks, brakes, tires, etc.
Was inspected by a certified RV inspector on Sunday. Mostly in good shape. Little things at this point. No leaks oil sent for analysis.
Thanks for reply
Old 01-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
You say lack of service.....how do you know that? I do all my own servicing which won't register with the dealer or the chassis manufacturer. If they had it done at a private shop or a place like Speedco, it still wouldn't be registered.

As noted above, 13K doesn't even fall into a service interval. However, most manufacturers want an initial service at 6 months or 6K miles. Diesel oil is pitch black 10 minutes after an oil change.
Which is why I'm trying to phrase it as appears no service done. If owner can provide receipt showing correct fluid and amounts plus filter that is fine. If not, try to use it as leverage to get service plan. Also result from oil analysis not back yet.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:39 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry, but while i love our entegra, i would not buy anything from camping world - ever!
Capt. Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Steve View Post
Sorry, but while i love our entegra, i would not buy anything from camping world - ever!
Well if it was that special rig Ive spent over a year watching for and I could negotiate an acceptable deal, I’d do it. But I agree they would be at the bottom of the list if there were more than one available, nation wide. And with this rig, low miles, and only two years old, it would be hard to pass up if the numbers work.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:30 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Well if it was that special rig Ive spent over a year watching for and I could negotiate an acceptable deal, I’d do it. But I agree they would be at the bottom of the list if there were more than one available, nation wide. And with this rig, low miles, and only two years old, it would be hard to pass up if the numbers work.
Mostly how we feel too. I feel its still a little high but in todays RV world I think we are doing okay on price.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:40 AM   #24

Walk away ! More fish in the sea . Not a fan of Camping World either .
xkimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 12:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkimo View Post
Walk away ! More fish in the sea . Not a fan of Camping World either .
Sounds like your advice is not just because its Camping World, is that so? If so, what is it based on? They provided some service records. No motor oil and filter change but generator serviced.
I'm curious why other then Camping World you think we should walk.
Thanks for reply
Old 01-08-2021, 01:41 PM   #26

Do your due diligence like you are and make your decision based on your results. It doesn't matter what anyone here says unless they are going to pay for part of it. As long as you do not intend to rely on any after sale service from the selling dealer, it doesn't matter who you buy from. How much can be wrong with a 2 year old chassis with or without service??? If you're happy with the floor plan, size and price, buy it.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:22 AM   #27

Derek F.
Crasher is right. As we are doing our Due Diligence prior to purchase so should you as well. Eventually it will come down to trusting your heart or your head. Good Luck on you journey. As far as Camping World, I have seen,read , been to the big Florida store in Tampa ? Just don't like the Vibe.
xkimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:03 PM   #28

By chance is this coach gold/black and about 12k miles? I almost bought a 40p in Tucson and decided not to - seller said he had an offer that was acceptable from CW in Phoenix area if i did not purchase.
BendBound is offline   Reply With Quote