RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-05-2021, 07:34 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 53
Pls help me decide to buy this or not

[Mod Edit]
2019 Entegra Aspire 40P. 2 years old, factory warranty expires 1/27/2021.
I called Entegra and they told me this coach has never been serviced that they see. RV inspector sent oil for analysis. Looks dark enough I'm confident that the chassis was also never serviced.

Would that stop you from buying? Maybe have seller pay for extended service plan from Coach net or Good Sam. It is a consignment unit at Camping World.

Inspection also shows one slide a skew and needs adjustment. The other does not close at one top corner. Inspector thinks adjustment should fix.
Road test seemed to rattle a lot more then older DP's I test drove. Maybe from never being tightened during sale. Does that make sense?
I also wonder how much more noise is being caused by not properly adjusted slide outs.

In my mind, the big negative is never serviced. Would an extended service plan give you the assurance to buy this unit? We like Entegra.

Thank you for you help and input.
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2021, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
R.Wold's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Rosemary Farm, Northern Ca
Posts: 3,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
Cross posted on Cummins forum. I hope that is not an issue.

2019 Entegra Aspire 40P. 2 years old, factory warranty expires 1/27/2021.
I called Entegra and they told me this coach has never been serviced that they see. RV inspector sent oil for analysis. Looks dark enough I'm confident that the chassis was also never serviced.

Would that stop you from buying? Maybe have seller pay for extended service plan from Coach net or Good Sam. It is a consignment unit at Camping World.

Inspection also shows one slide a skew and needs adjustment. The other does not close at one top corner. Inspector thinks adjustment should fix.
Road test seemed to rattle a lot more then older DP's I test drove. Maybe from never being tightened during sale. Does that make sense?
I also wonder how much more noise is being caused by not properly adjusted slide outs.

In my mind, the big negative is never serviced. Would an extended service plan give you the assurance to buy this unit? We like Entegra.

Thank you for you help and input.
How many miles on it? That and your oil analysis should be the main deciding factor. Slides shouldn’t contribute to rattling but so much else does, you’ll be chasing down noises and fixing rattles as long as you own it. Pretty much goes for any production coach.

This is why I like low mileage coaches - if it has under 20k in it, the previous owner didn’t have enough road time to do any damage with poor maintenance habits. Also CW could contact the previous owner for you but I sure they won’t. That said, a little investigative effort on your part will turn up a name and you could contact him directly. Maybe he did his own oil changes, and “dark“ means nothing when looking at oil in diesel.
__________________
Current Coach: MoCa (Mobile Cabin) 2016 Ventana 3427. 2016 Edge toad
2017 F250 Lariat PSD for towing.Previous: 2010 Bay Star, 2010 Phoenix, 2001 Fleetwood Class C, Thor toy hauler, Sierra 5th, and some truck campers.
R.Wold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:44 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Xmcdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,382
A few flags. Have fluid tests done.

Mileage?

How does it look? Really nice like new or scruffy. Overall appearance is big in a case like this.

If scruffy then likely there has been little maintenance.

Your inspector should be able to tell you this. He should also give you an idea of the Sourse of rattles etc.

I would seriously consider it with the extended warranty.

Good luck
__________________
Jeff and Annette Smith
04 Glendale Titanium 24E29 Fifth
2011 GMC Diesel 2500 HD
Xmcdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:07 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
jacwjames's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8,128
Visually it's hard to tell anything about diesel engine oil as it turns black almost immediately when you run the engine. I would wait on the oil analysis to evaluate the engine.

Is it possible the previous owner took it to an independent to service and/or did it themselves?


If the inspection and oil analysis comes back good you might be able to negotiate a better price based on no records and then invest in a warranty.



When I bought my rig it came with no records but from appearance looked good so I took a chance. First thing I did was take to a Cummins shop for a complete service and inspection. Since then I've done all my own services, that was +11 years ago.
__________________
Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD Cummins ISC 350 8.3L
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:34 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,875
Need more info. The engine and trans warranty is probably good for 5 years, but you need to be able to prove it has received the proper service. 2 years is on the coach I believe. What is the price compared to the NADA value? How much are you saving by buying a coach with significant unknowns? Especially throwing CW into the mix I think I'd walk away.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
[Mod Edit]
2019 Entegra Aspire 40P. 2 years old, factory warranty expires 1/27/2021.
I called Entegra and they told me this coach has never been serviced that they see. RV inspector sent oil for analysis. Looks dark enough I'm confident that the chassis was also never serviced.

Would that stop you from buying? Maybe have seller pay for extended service plan from Coach net or Good Sam. It is a consignment unit at Camping World.

Inspection also shows one slide a skew and needs adjustment. The other does not close at one top corner. Inspector thinks adjustment should fix.
Road test seemed to rattle a lot more then older DP's I test drove. Maybe from never being tightened during sale. Does that make sense?
I also wonder how much more noise is being caused by not properly adjusted slide outs.

In my mind, the big negative is never serviced. Would an extended service plan give you the assurance to buy this unit? We like Entegra.

Thank you for you help and input.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
twojayhawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lenexa KS
Posts: 1,438
I believe the Cummins probably has a 5 year warranty. Question, does the lack of maintenance mean the 3 years remaining from Cummins will be refused? The two years without service wouldn't scare me but I wouldn't want to give up the rest of the warranty because of it.
__________________
Bill & Kelli 2015 Dutch Star 4366
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:42 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
How many miles on it? That and your oil analysis should be the main deciding factor. Slides shouldnít contribute to rattling but so much else does, youíll be chasing down noises and fixing rattles as long as you own it. Pretty much goes for any production coach.

This is why I like low mileage coaches - if it has under 20k in it, the previous owner didnít have enough road time to do any damage with poor maintenance habits. Also CW could contact the previous owner for you but I sure they wonít. That said, a little investigative effort on your part will turn up a name and you could contact him directly. Maybe he did his own oil changes, and ďdarkď means nothing when looking at oil in diesel.
Mileage is under 13K. my thoughts are as long as oil doesn't show to bad, probably get it.
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:46 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Visually it's hard to tell anything about diesel engine oil as it turns black almost immediately when you run the engine. I would wait on the oil analysis to evaluate the engine.

Is it possible the previous owner took it to an independent to service and/or did it themselves?


If the inspection and oil analysis comes back good you might be able to negotiate a better price based on no records and then invest in a warranty.



When I bought my rig it came with no records but from appearance looked good so I took a chance. First thing I did was take to a Cummins shop for a complete service and inspection. Since then I've done all my own services, that was +11 years ago.
I know car motor oil turns fairly quickly, I was not sure about diesel motor oil. Inspection mainly showed the two slides need adjusting and the cover to the dishwasher needs to be fixed. Other then that it looks good. Waiting for oil to come back.
Thank you
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
Need more info. The engine and trans warranty is probably good for 5 years, but you need to be able to prove it has received the proper service. 2 years is on the coach I believe. What is the price compared to the NADA value? How much are you saving by buying a coach with significant unknowns? Especially throwing CW into the mix I think I'd walk away.
Under 13K miles. I'm planning on calling Spartan later to ask about remainder of warranty. Listed at 280K getting for like 240K. In good shape and inspection did not show anything other then the slides.
My other post about this has "scary part is it is CW.
thank you
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:52 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojayhawks View Post
I believe the Cummins probably has a 5 year warranty. Question, does the lack of maintenance mean the 3 years remaining from Cummins will be refused? The two years without service wouldn't scare me but I wouldn't want to give up the rest of the warranty because of it.
I am planning on calling Spartan later today. That is a question I have. As well as, how do we resolve this going forward? No warranty means I'll probably run not walk.
thank you
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,875
What do you like about this coach? Do you like the floorpan? Do you think it will fit your RVing style? All you can do is the best due diligence you can (inspection, research service history, etc) and then you'll be able to make the most informed decision you can. Ultimately I think we all make a gut call somewhere along the line. If we were totally analytical, none of us would own RVs in the first place.

By the way, since you're dealing with CW make sure you check all the other little things on the coach. Check the date codes on the tires. Not that I'd accuse them of swapping 2 year old tires out, but it would not hurt. ( https://rvtires.com/read-tire-manufa...v=7516fd43adaa ).

Good luck, hope you find your coach.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
Under 13K miles. I'm planning on calling Spartan later to ask about remainder of warranty. Listed at 280K getting for like 240K. In good shape and inspection did not show anything other then the slides.
My other post about this has "scary part is it is CW.
thank you
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:21 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
R.Wold's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Rosemary Farm, Northern Ca
Posts: 3,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
Mileage is under 13K. my thoughts are as long as oil doesn't show to bad, probably get it.
Other than the extra year, which means nothing with modern oils, itís technically not even ready for an oil change. So Iíd be fine with it. Maybe even better if it hasnít been changed because then thereís no chance of substandard oil having been used. And that mileage means it didnít just sit for the last two years either which is also beneficial. I bought my Ventana with 16k on it, no maintenance records, and it didnít worry me a bit. Just had them service everything before I brought it home.
__________________
Current Coach: MoCa (Mobile Cabin) 2016 Ventana 3427. 2016 Edge toad
2017 F250 Lariat PSD for towing.Previous: 2010 Bay Star, 2010 Phoenix, 2001 Fleetwood Class C, Thor toy hauler, Sierra 5th, and some truck campers.
R.Wold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:24 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,875
Great point. Maybe tell CW you'll take it if they do a full service before delivery. Also keep in mind, getting service these days can be quite challenging. We bought a brand new TT in October. I've found a few small things I need fixed under warranty and could not get an appointment from the dealer we bought it from until the middle of March. They won't even take appointments right now from people who did not buy from them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Other than the extra year, which means nothing with modern oils, itís technically not even ready for an oil change. So Iíd be fine with it. Maybe even better if it hasnít been changed because then thereís no chance of substandard oil having been used. And that mileage means it didnít just sit for the last two years either which is also beneficial. I bought my Ventana with 16k on it, no maintenance records, and it didnít worry me a bit. Just had them service everything before I brought it home.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Outbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,444
With the low mileage and 2019 build date I would have no worries.
__________________
Outbound
2002 Monaco Executive 500 ISM
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pls help - meter not receiving shore power NoSoupForYou Monaco Owner's Forum 6 12-05-2019 04:57 PM
Looking at ORVs to buy. Help me Decide. Johnhoward28 Outdoors RV Owner's Forum 40 07-28-2017 05:32 AM
Buy Now! Buy Buy Buy!!!! damdannyboy Newmar Owner's Forum 2 07-30-2015 05:08 PM
Help me to decide to buy a Newmar 5ver gitane59 Newmar Owner's Forum 4 11-11-2007 05:03 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.