Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #29

Haven't upgraded yet but want to move up to a Newmar with a tag and bath and half.
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
We had no plans on upgrading to our retirement home till just before the DW retires in 3+ years. Found this 2012 Journey at a very good price w/interest rates at 20 year low we felt we could not afford to pass up this unit at this time even though we weren't ready to full time yet.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Upgraded from a 1972 22' Starcraft to a 33' 1983 HR with tag no slide for more room.

Upgraded from a 33' HR gas 5.6 MPG that turned over 110K miles to a 1999 34' DP with one slide, more room, better ride and 10.2 MPG.

Have all the room I need for Fulltime and have started to replace things that quit working or wore out.

So far window awning covers, couch and rear AC from 11K to 13.5K. Oct it will be front 13.5K AC to a 15K heat pump.

Not planning on any more upgrades. I'm only 5' 7" and would have no use or need for a 35-45' 4 slide MH. And this one should last me until I have to leave the road. Hoping on a least another 10-12 years.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #32

Thanks everyone 2!

Updated totals:

More Space: 20
Less Space: 1
Upgrade to Diesel/More Power: 8
Downgrade to Gas (DEF): 1
Floorplan: 5
New(er): 4
Chassis: 3
Stairs/Accessibility: 3
Ride: 2
Had desire and money: 2
More Towing Capacity: 2
Setup Time: 1
Unsafe: 1

Remodeled: 2

I rethought my tally methods, and decided to tally previous upgrades (not just the last upgrade), so remodeled, then upgraded = 1 remodel, 1 upgrade. @PaulC47, you upped “more space” by 2, “less space” by 1. Two steps forward, 1 step back.
davidahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #33

We haven't upgraded yet, but here arete reasons we want to, not necessarly in any specific order:
Tag axle for better ride
IFS for better turn radious
Screen door
Aqua-Hot
Heated floors
Tiled living room
King bed
Washer and dryer
Larger refrigerator
Double-glazed windows

Some downgrades that will come with our upgrade:
Worse mileage and less range
Slides
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Haven't upgraded yet but want to move up to a Newmar with a tag and bath and half.
Me too although we don't need the ˝ bath. Had a 2012 leftover 43' on the dealers lot that was perfect as we both liked it and the options were almost what we wanted. Wife nixed the deal at the last minute though. Now she says we should have done it. Too late, they sold it the next week.
If they don't find what's causing her health problems it may not matter. So far they haven't found cancer but they keep looking for it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #35

Let's see, 4 slides vs 1, 525 hp vs 325, aqua hot vs furnace, 3 a/c vs 2, tag axle vs no tag axle, residential refridge vs dometic propane, roadmaster 10 airbag chassis vs spartan mountain master with 4 air bags, 2005 vs 1997. That's why I upgraded........
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #36

My Prayers Are With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
If they don't find what's causing her health problems it may not matter. So far they haven't found cancer but they keep looking for it.
I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's health. My prayers are with you, Mr. D. I hope everything turns out OK.

David
davidahn is offline   Reply With Quote