Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
TSM

Question Poly Glow & Poly Prep

Have the Coach and ready to apply the Poly Prep and Poly Glow. Received the Glow and Prep this week, paying attention to instructions. There is a warning that the Poly Prep could possibly damage lower painted surfaces. Yet with all of the forum assistance and information that I have read this issue has never been addressed nor has anyone posted a problem with painted surface damage.

For those of you who have used the Poly Glow product your insight would be most welcome.

Thanks so much
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #2

When I did mine last year the Prep took the dead fiberglass off the front and rear caps and the white stuff ran down and got kinda messy, but I kept the hose handy and rinsed it before the stuff dried. It did not damage the graphics, but you could see it would take some of the color off if you scrubbed on it. No paint damage...

I am VERY happy with Poli Glow! Made my trailer look like new and its still looking great nearly a year later...

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am half way through my PoliGlow transformation. Two weekends ago I spent Saturday and Sunday on the roof. On Saturday I scrubbed the entire roof with the PoliPrep. On Sunday I spent about 4 hours on my butt applying the PoliGlow. What a fantastic shine!!! I started to scrub the sides but quickly found that the dirt and grime was just too deep. We've only had our MH for a little over 1 year and I don't know when it was cleaned last. Based on how much effort it took to clean the sides I think she has a coat or two of wax already. I bought a scrubbing pad attachment (with pads) for a drill. I'm going to use that to scrub the sides.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Elexwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
After finding this post and reading the website for Poly Glow, it makes me wonder.....
I am considering a repaint to bring back the appearance of our coach. This stuff would be great if it works but it almost sounds to good to be true. There are a lot of people out there selling witch's brew products that do not perform in the long run. This one kind of comes off as a reformulation of Mop & Glo floor finish.

Has anyone had this product on their MH for any length of time?
Old 05-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #5

A quick note on poly glow. It will produce a beautiful shine but if you don't maintain the coats it looks horrible after it fades. I've seen that happen on numerous polyglow boats.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:19 AM   #6

I put polyglo on my boat about 3 yrs ago and it still looks very good, sits on a lift on salt water in the Florida sun. I'll do a recoat this year .. pricey, but worth it.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did not have any problems with the lower painted sections. I did keep the Poly prep areas hosed down real good. After I finished the Poly Glow then I polished and waxed the lower painted areas. Did all this two years ago and it still looks great.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
poly Glow and Bar Keepers Friend

I am almost done putting PloyGlow on my 2003 Fleetwood Class A RV.
I had a lot of deep set dirt and grime to remove first. I found on this forum that

Bar keepers Friend will remove almost anything from the paint without damaging anything. It also removes water spots from my windows. Just don't leave it on the glass more than a minute. You can buy it at Walmart or Target or anyplace like that.

Poly Glow even polished the haze off of my old headlights. Now I don't have to replace them!

If all I have to do is wash and apply Poly Glow once or twice a year…I don't mind that at all….
Old 08-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Have the Coach and ready to apply the Poly Prep and Poly Glow. Received the Glow and Prep this week, paying attention to instructions. There is a warning that the Poly Prep could possibly damage lower painted surfaces. Yet with all of the forum assistance and information that I have read this issue has never been addressed nor has anyone posted a problem with painted surface damage.

For those of you who have used the Poly Glow product your insight would be most welcome.

Thanks so much
We did ours this weekend, have about 8 hours invested. Applied 5 coats and Very pleased with the results....clouds rolled in so pictures dont show the real difference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before 1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	70504   Click image for larger version

Name:	After 2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	70505  

Name:	Before Rear 1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	70506   Click image for larger version

Name:	After Rear 1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	70507  

Name:	Before 2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	70508  
FMCA F438950
AUPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just washed and re applied 2 maint coats to mine about a month ago and it looks fantastic again.

They say only 1 -2 maint coats annually, but in the direct sun, my curb side needs 1-2 coats every 6 months or so to keep it tip top. The street side not so much.

I have had poli glow on since 2012 and am very pleased with it.

The only thing I would grump at is make sure you get any stains out before applying your maintenance coats. I wasn't using a strong enough soap in my cleanings, now I use Dawn in the wash bucket and it helps tremendously.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUPOP View Post
We did ours this weekend, have about 8 hours invested. Applied 5 coats and Very pleased with the results....clouds rolled in so pictures dont show the real difference

Looks Great!!!

Bruce and Karen you did a great job!!

Excellent!!

Old 08-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post

Looks Great!!!

Bruce and Karen you did a great job!!

Excellent!!

Thanks Kent!
FMCA F438950
AUPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just finished a maintenance poly glow about 3 weeks ago and had to take these pics to show you how good it looks 2 years later with Poli Glow...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20140811_114827_147.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	70532   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140811_114759_862.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	70533  

Old 08-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #14

Poly-Glow finish

Just finished my RV, fiberglass sides were very faded and dirt/mold pitted. The gelcoat/clearcoat has been gone for sometime now. Decided to use Poli-glow since it supposedly has a UV protector. The Prep would not remove the pitted dirt and small mold pockets -- so I used full strength bleach and a rag. This did the trick and cleaned up very nicely, applied 6 coats of Poly-glow -- had to order another bottle. I am very happy with the result and time will tell about longevity . I have no issue with applying another coat(s) as maintenance if the product stops the deterioration on the fiberglass. I hand wax everything else. A few pictures are attached of the before and after. 2002 Journey DL. The poli-glow also filled in the spider cracking on the fiberglass. I would recommend this product be used only on fiberglass that has oxidized.

Kind regards,
TTRV
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	before fiberglass.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	70712   Click image for larger version

Name:	after poliglow.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	70713