Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2018, 05:31 PM   #1

POP RVs - Saraota, FL

HI. My wife & i are still fairly new to iRV2, but are on the cusp of offering on a 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire 4371. We found it on RVT.com, the coach looks to reside in Louisiana, but is listed by POP RVs in FL. I did a quick Google for reviews & BBB ratings of POP RVs, but thought i'd see if anyone out there had dealt with them in 2017 ? We are in VA so need to try and make smart choices.
Thanks ! Jeffrey.
jkweiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #2

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkweiseman View Post
HI. My wife & i are still fairly new to iRV2, but are on the cusp of offering on a 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire 4371. We found it on RVT.com, the coach looks to reside in Louisiana, but is listed by POP RVs in FL. I did a quick Google for reviews & BBB ratings of POP RVs, but thought i'd see if anyone out there had dealt with them in 2017 ? We are in VA so need to try and make smart choices.
Thanks ! Jeffrey.
IDK.....something just doesn't feel right about them.."Hand Shake" Resellers mebbe...
An absolute requirement would be an extensive inspection by a 3rd party before even making an offer
I would really be aware of hidden flood/weather damages. or a branded title..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well if it's the one that is on ebay quite a bit,I think I would be very cautious in my dealings with them. It seems like every MH they have on there Is a little ?? able. Has a neg. feedback rating which it has had for quite awhile as well. Probably other campers out there for your to see. Remember "Buyer Beware"
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/bewar...es-299612.html
Old 01-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Anything from Florida or Texas at this point needs a lot of inspection. I also hear that many of the Flooded units are already headed north. Confidential info from Law Enforcement contact. Be Ware!
Old 01-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesselus View Post
Anything from Florida or Texas at this point needs a lot of inspection. I also hear that many of the Flooded units are already headed north. Confidential info from Law Enforcement contact. Be Ware!
Especially if it is an "Upper Crust" level coach for a very attractive price..
NO MATTER where they are licensed... A lot of ppl "snow bird" or are full timers that register in a minimal tax state, but follow the weather.
I have been told of several that were for sale & Titles "Are still in the original owners name" (not transferred to the current seller)
After purchased the new buyer discovers that the "Newly transferred" title had been branded by the issuing state for flood damages..And their insurance company refuses to insure.
And of course... the seller claims to not have any knowledge of damage or branded title .. because he did not transfer into his name..cozy..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:12 AM   #7

Looking at the address of their business it is in a house. That area is all residential.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesselus View Post
"confidential info"? LoL. Pretty much common sense!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #9

My dealings with pop rv. I may be wrong about this , but i believe they are just a seller service. Meaning that , if you want to sell your rv, they come take pictures of it and list it on numerous sites , like ebay and rv trader and craigslist. as well as their own. they encourage offers , bc all they do is take the offers to the actual owners and let buyer and seller decide what the final number is and take their cut. I had a hard time getting them to even call me back. and i figured that since i wasnt dealing with the actual owner of the rv, that id be waiting for answers until the go between ( pops) , could contact the sellers. i just didnt want to go thru all that hassle, not to mention the neg reviews and the no call backs.
AKITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #10

POP RV is simply another way to 'Sell' your RV thru THEIR websites and internal workings with interested parties that contact them. They charge 10%, but ONLY get paid if THEY bring you and the interested party to the table, and the sale takes place. But, you can also STILL sell your RV on your own, any way you want, during your Contract with POP(except thru a dealer).

This is simply a 'better' than average way to sell your RV because you then have 'live humans' helping you to do it, not just Craigslist, RVTrader.com, or the like, which are just Advertising platforms.

I don't see the problem with it, I actually think that having someone help the 'buyer' purchase the 'sellers' RV is a big plus... they may be able to help with inspections, and financing... which is not something that RV sellers can easily do themselves.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:03 PM   #11

per their website:

Never a fee to list your RV

Your RV gets displayed on our website - plus many more

We only get paid if we bring you a buyer

Continue to use your coach while we market her

If you sell your RV on your own, you owe us nothing

Award-winning 5-star customer service
Old 01-15-2018, 05:05 PM   #12

Stay Clear of These Guys!

When I was looking for a coach, I noticed one in a nearby state. I called the person listed and received a call later that day. I told the sales person I would like to see it. Also being an electronics engineer and having a coach before, I would be doing a "level 3" inspection. She told me that "she would have to talk to her sales manager for approval" and get back to me . The next day I received an email from her stating "We would require a 10% deposit" to look and inspect it. I emailed her back and told her that any HONEST seller does not conduct a motorhome sale in this fashion. I also informed her NOT TO CONTACT me again since I do not want to deal with POP or any of its sales people. Simply Google this outfit and you will notice bad reviews by former employees.

Regards
Dutch Master
2008 Newmar Kountry Star 3960
"Living The Dream"
Dutch Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #13

POP is not a dealership or used sales facility, they are simply a 'go between' for those owners who want to Sell their RV and those who want to buy one, similar to Craigslist or RVTrader.com, but with real people behind the advertisement. The owner keeps the RV at their home or storage, wherever they live, and the buyer finds it thru POP's websites. POP does not have RVs themselves, they only take the phone call on behalf of the owner and help put the seller and buyer together. Owners can even continue to sell their RV on their own, or even continue using it while POP is helping to market it.

Like you, I would certainly mandate that an inspection of a Used RV take place, before I purchase it... but POP may have some reasons not to get involved in allowing this for their owners if no 'real money' is in place. It's similar to buying a new RV from a dealer, the dealer probably is not going to allow you to 'test drive' it without a serious deal or money in place. It may not seem right, but it's a risk for everyone.
If you REALLY are serious, enough to pay someone to inspect the unit, then come to the table with money so that it can happen, but only sign a contract mandating that the downpayment, or good faith money, is TOTALLY and Immediately refunded if you choose NOT to follow through with the deal, for ANY reason you choose.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:24 PM   #14

Please find a dealer. You will be much happier.

Tags
rvs