Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
mdo

Porter's RV in Upstate SC & XtraRide Warranty

Getting the urge for a Class A and will look at several used Class DP's today at Porter's RV Sales in Williamston, SC.... a 2004 Monaco Knight, 2005 Coachman Cross Country and a 2004 Monaco Safari Zanzibar...... I see that they sell Xtraride extended warranties.... any feedback on this RV Dealer, these models or warranty experiences with this company appreciated....
mdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
I have stopped by to see an Allegro Zephyr we liked the looks of. They let us wander the lot a will and there were no sales pitches or high pressure 'better get in now before someone else comes by'. It is a family run business with a daughter at the shop when we stopped by. I find his asking price a little high but I guess that gives them wiggle room. I still go by but haven't seen anything that caught my attention lately. No knowledge on the warranty company they use. I did notice several coaches with the LazyDays logo on the side near the doors (for whatever it's worth)
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #3

We purchased a used MH class A in February...we were very happy with everyone in the shop.
They were patient & helpful when asked during our THREE visits there. The negotiated price was good business on both sides. We'll use them again at upgrade time.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
mdo

Thanks... my experience was similar..... no pressure at all....
Old 08-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Let me add to the comments. We bought our Bounder from them last year and as everyone else stated, no sales pressure, and we had the run of the place and looked at all their inventory. I did purchase that extended warranty but thank goodness we haven't had the need to use it. As for pricing, we looked up the list price of our bounder and they were asking less then average retail. Also, they did give me top dollar on a trade in. I paid 27,000 for a TT and they gave me 25,000 for it a year later. So no complaints here.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Comment on XtraRide warranty. We purchased ours in 2008 when we bought our new to use 2007 HR Scepter. Have used it several times over the past five years and will be using it again this month. Never had a problem with the company or their service. I think a lot of our success is due to how our service writer, at our local RV dealer, explains the problem(s) to them to get them to understand that it's a covered item or related to a covered item failure. It's paid for itself several times over. Good Luck.
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #7

I don't know if there's a cost difference between getting the XtraRide from a dealer, or doing it yourself. For myself I purchased it on my own. You might want to call them to compare. I paid $4,100 For a 4yr. policy w/$500 deductible. Don't forget to get gasket and seal coverage.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
mdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
I don't know if there's a cost difference between getting the XtraRide from a dealer, or doing it yourself. For myself I purchased it on my own. You might want to call them to compare. I paid $4,100 For a 4yr. policy w/$500 deductible. Don't forget to get gasket and seal coverage.
Thank you!