Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2021, 06:00 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Power Gear Hydraulic jack question

I have a 2021 Holiday Rambler Armada with a Lippert Power Gear Power level series hydraulic system for the jacks. After parking today and attempting to level the RV I needed to retract the jacks. Once i did the hydraulic reservoir spewed fluid out. It removed the sticker for the fluid level. I have searched the Lippert site as well as combed my HR manual and cannot locate how far to fill the reservoir. I am uncertain why the fluid leaked as well. It appears to be only coming from the reservoir cap and not any of the jacks or hoses. Currently, not all of my jacks are up fully. Any thoughts from the community? Thanks.
scottfsu123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2021, 06:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfsu123 View Post
I have a 2021 Holiday Rambler Armada with a Lippert Power Gear Power level series hydraulic system for the jacks. After parking today and attempting to level the RV I needed to retract the jacks. Once i did the hydraulic reservoir spewed fluid out. It removed the sticker for the fluid level. I have searched the Lippert site as well as combed my HR manual and cannot locate how far to fill the reservoir. I am uncertain why the fluid leaked as well. It appears to be only coming from the reservoir cap and not any of the jacks or hoses. Currently, not all of my jacks are up fully. Any thoughts from the community? Thanks.

Dang, brand spanking new RV? This happened when you put the jacks down? The reservoir should be losing fluid not gaining? Is the first time you have used the jacks?
Old 07-23-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
NXR

Lippert doc on which fluid to use: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002088.pdf

I only have their jacks because my slides are electric. In case you're not aware, the reservoir should only have fluid added when the jacks are up and the hydraulic slides, if any, are in.

Mine has a dip stick in the cap. I also marked the outside of the reservoir with HIGH and LOW marks by measuring the marks on the dip stick. For mine, FULL is about 1" from the top of the reservoir with the jacks up.

Mine did that exactly once as well and I know it's because the dealer overfilled the reservoir because the fluid level was right where it should be after it made a mess of the compartment.

Any chance the cap was just loose?

HTH,

Ray
Old 07-28-2021, 09:18 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for your responses. Was not the first time using jack. We have been traveling for 60 days. We think itís because we were on a shell site that was fairly unlevel and made worse with weight of the rig and the rain. The rig and jacks buried 5 level blocks and a concrete block in the rear drivers side. We moved to a more level and concrete site and have had no more problems. Appreciate your time.
scottfsu123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, power, power gear