Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2022, 09:40 AM   #1

Power Gear Leveling Jack Not Going Down All The Way

Hello!

Our 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral seems to be having an issue with the leveling jacks not going down all the way.

It was working great, would even lift the tires off the ground at times.

Recently it can't get the rig level and then kinda gives up flashes that its level and stops.

When we turn the system on and press auto it goes through and puts the jacks down. Starts leveling and then seemingly runs out of fluid (tank is full). The pump motor can be heard, but no movement on the jacks.

Is there a pressure bypass valve somewhere that might be bad?

I've checked the fluid and its full.
No obvious leaks in the lines.
All jacks will go down and touch the ground.

Anyone else have an issue like this before and know how to fix it?

Thanks!
Pete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2022, 07:16 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On my system there is a pressure relief valve mounted right in the pump block which is between the motor and the tank. If the relief valve is not working ti would cause a problem but it would be on all the jacks since it limits the pressure in the entire system.
One thing you might look at is the solenoid valve for the jack you are having problem with. On my rig there should be a T handle at the top that is valve that I can use as emergency retract by loosening it. If it is loose it may not allow the jack to work/build pressure.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
On my system there is a pressure relief valve mounted right in the pump block which is between the motor and the tank. If the relief valve is not working ti would cause a problem but it would be on all the jacks since it limits the pressure in the entire system.
One thing you might look at is the solenoid valve for the jack you are having problem with. On my rig there should be a T handle at the top that is valve that I can use as emergency retract by loosening it. If it is loose it may not allow the jack to work/build pressure.
Thanks, I'll check that out. It does seem to affect all the jacks not just one. The whole system seems to stop when the pressure increases.

I didn't realize there was a an emergency retract option, that'll be good to know as well.

Tags
leveling, power, power gear