Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
TIC

Power Inverter/Battery Problems

Craziest thing, I went to my coach the other day, 2004 TS 40DS04, and the battery was dead and the coach would not crank even though it had been supplied with shore power (50amp) the entire time. The remote to my XANTREX Freedom 458 said the batteries were low. Luckily the generator fired and in about 10 minutes the coach cranked. I went camping all week and did not have anymore problems.

Upon my return home, I stored the coach and plugged the power back in. I decided to check the batteries (all were good) since I had a hard time cranking the coach prior to my trip. One of the batteries was low with water so I filled it up and plugged the power back in.

Fast forward 2 hours, I noticed the smell of acid and checked the batteries and 1 was boiling. I checked the batteries and 2 were bad. I decided to change all 4 today (Trojans) and after I installed them the inverter is not working properly.

The interior remote said the battery power was low but they had just been charged fully prior to me installing them. At the main inverter the power was charging but the batteries are getting hot again. I decided unplug the shore power and fire up the genertor. When the power kicked in on the generator, the invertor did not kick in and the remote went hay wire. The lights on the remote started blinking randomly, all of the lights.

The lights in the coach are all dim even while on shore power or generator running.

I called tech support, they had me unplug the remote and try to reset the system. Now the remote is totally out and will not even light up.

I have not disconnected the inverter yet, thats my next move.

I did not know if anyone has experience a issue like this.
TIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Do you have a digital voltmeter, so you can understand what your resting battery voltages are, as well as your charging voltage?
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:29 AM   #3
TIC

I got it figured out, a battery wire was crossed and burned out the remote to the inverter.
TIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, ems, inverter, power, problems