Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #1

Powergear leveling system hose question

I have an older unit, a 500507 which is in a 1999 Tropical 6350 RV. I blew a hose and wanted to get a set of replacements. Does anyone know the hose size and what fittings are used on it? i am not close to the RV for a few days, or i would take part of the hose with me to get a new one made.

Thanks.

Lewis
PFFCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Community Administrator

The techs at Power Gear are available via email. They respond quickly.
Info@powergearus.com
Hopefully they can assist.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Probably 3/8" ID with 3/8" JIC female fittings. I just replaced all of mine within the past few months. They were the original hoses on my 98 MH Pace Arrow, one started leaking then a couple of weeks later the others started leaking (go figure). It was quite a project removing the 2 that goes to the rear levelers. One was 31' and the other was 27'. I had them made a local hydraulic shop which will probably be cheaper for you too.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can cut the hose in two where the hole is and then put a union to splice it back together.
hydro45640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #5

its not in an easy place to get to, up high on the frame above the rear tax axle. i think replacing both of them would be a better way to go. But i did think about this kind of repair first.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #6

Power Gear Hose

I have been doing research on the hoses also. I contacted PPL Motorhomes in Houston and planned to order through them. Price would be around $800 with at least 4 week delivery. Delivery time is the reason I did not order. My hoses are 1/4" part number 800378. My coach is a 2007 Sportscoach Crosscountry, I have a bulge in one of my hoses which I believe is a good sign that it will fail soon. I am looking for a local shop to build the hoses.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #7

I called a NAPA store here in PA and they said they can make them for me. i dont know the cost yet, till i can get the info i need to give to them. I guess in the long run, i can cut the hose and disconnect the end. i just have to make sure i cut the correct one off the pump!
Old 05-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #8

I have size and length for my coach if it will help you.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #9

I'm not sure which coah you have. I have a National Tropical. I dont know if all of the pumps were standard or not.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
NAPA is a good store for hydraulic hoses, etc. My 3/8 hose, which was 31' long cost just over $170.00 at my local hydraulic shop. I use to get a discount but now that I'm retired I pay pretty retail price. NAPA may give some type of discount. My hose was a 100R17 hose (fire resistant). I removed all of my hoses and let me tell you it was not easy.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #11

Did you do anything special to get air out of the system or just cycle the jacks?
Old 05-20-2014, 05:51 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Darwin, all I did with my jacks was to top off the reservoir and then cycle each jack about 8-10 times. The first few cycles the jacks were a little sluggish going down/up but they finally worked as they should have. I did not run them clear down to make contact with the ground (by my own choice). I checked the reservoir a couple of more times to see if I needed more ATF fluid, which I did. I also think I read somewhere that you did not need to bleed the air out of the lines?.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Remove hoses, take to hose shop (Ask your local tow truck operators to recommend one) they will duplicate,

Tags
leveling, power