Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #1

Powergear Part ID's

Hi all, new here, first time poster....

Just bought my first DP ('99 Fleetwood Discovery) and have found some issues with the PG hydraulic levelers. However, I found what appeared to be a good PDF online for my unit (looks like it and it states used from 1999-present) but when looking for my model # in that sheet, it's not listed. I believe I need a dump valve but not sure which one to buy.
Can anyone tell me where to start?
Attached are a couple pics of it if it will generate any clues. The label on the tank says Model #500348

Parts manual I found https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...56__500535.pdf

Much Appreciated! My wife and I will be traveling more next spring so want to get'er all fixed up.

(don't know why I can't get the pics straight up)

HH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hydraulic Leveler Pump 2.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	224208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hydraulic Leveler Pump.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	224209  

Hoof-hearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2018, 03:11 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the forum.

Your looks very similar to mine.. I've replaced the front bearing in the pump motor and also rebuild the obsolete jack cylinders.

Leveler pump sounds like a food blender full of marbles – 1999 Southwind 35S

Power Gear 500384 hydraulic jack re-assembly – 1999 Southwind 35S

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:31 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
You have four valves, Three of them are grouped together, These are the individual leg valves. The one that sitting by itself (red arrow) is the dump valve..

A quick easy way to see if the solenoid is energizing is to place the metal blade of a screwdriver against solenoid or the large nut, you'll fell the energized solenoid magnet attracting the screwdriver blade..

ALSO - Your Power Gear Leveler control box has a fuse for each of the four solenoids. Make sure to check these.

When retracting, all four solenoids should energize and obviously the pump doesn't run.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hydraulic Leveler Pump 2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	224252  
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power