Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #1

PPL motorhomes

I’ve been casually searching on RV trader for a differant motorhome to replace our hail damaged & totaled rig . I’ve seen a few in our price range @ PPL in Clerburn , TX.
Have any of you purchased a used rig from them ? Are they a good place to buy from ?
Also see a couple @ I-35 RV in Denton .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I’ve been casually searching on RV trader for a differant motorhome to replace our hail damaged & totaled rig . I’ve seen a few in our price range @ PPL in Clerburn , TX.
Have any of you purchased a used rig from them ? Are they a good place to buy from ?
Also see a couple @ I-35 RV in Denton .

I’ve not shopped with them but they’re a well known consignment outfit here in Texas and Cleburne is some kind of RV nesting area or something: they’re everywhere down there!
Old 08-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #3

Bought my 40ft MH from them. Easy transaction. They take 10% comm from the seller. They did not negotiate themselves, but sent my offer to the seller. Would do it again.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #4

Thanks
Old 08-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We bought our coach from them three years ago. Good operation, good folks. We liked the no salesman policy. We spent hours and hours on the lot without on salesman.
Just buyer beware.....they are all consignment rigs, and a lot of dogs on the lot.
It took Essex Credit weeks and weeks to get the paper work done. PPL was patent and supportive.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #6

We bought our 2011 Newmar from PPL Cleburne. Great dealership and good price
In Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #7

Thanks
Old 08-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
X2 on the no pressure- easy to deal with. Friend recommended PPL- he bought his coach in Houston.
Bought our Journey in Cleburne 3 years ago. PPL will operate all the rv systems for you prior to sale. I took it on a test drive and set it up with a diesel truck garage across the street to a basic check/look see on the suspension/chassis before purchase as it was my first experience with diesels. Didn't ask for an oil sample but pretty sure they could do it.
Happy with the whole process.
Seemed to have a pretty good mix- not as big as Houston. Coaches seem to turn over pretty fast especially when the owners start lowering prices.

Good luck
JPO1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:43 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
there are often lots of RVs that show up at PPL right after houston floods.
But Tx has been dry for a yr.

YMMV... GL
Old 08-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #10

I was at PPL a year ago large amount of rigs and many lookers seems like a good place to sell or buy, kinda fun just walking the lot all day and browsing without being harassed by salesmen . BTW if you need parts they have some of the best prices I have found on AC units Generators you name it and cheap or free shipping.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #11

I'm going to second the response from above about pricing on parts etc. I just purchased a new Dometic A/C unit for my Toy Hauler from them......A/C unit, Thermostat and control box, and the Air Distribution Box (ADB), and their pricing was the best I could find....AND free shipping from Texas to my house in Knoxville, TN. The A/C unit arrived DAMAGED and I got on the phone with customer service (quite a long wait time...they are BUSY) and they handled it immediately. The very next day, Fedex showed up at my house to pick up the damaged unit (free shipping back of course) and that same day they shipped the replacement new unit.....all without ANY hassle....pics of the damage...nothing. You just can't get much better customer service than what they provided. Wow!
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:39 AM   #12

We looked at several Class A rigs at one of their locations and found one we liked. The salesman was very up front about the fact that the one we really liked was going to need new tires and that the current owner was not in a position to negotiate the price down to where it should be with that being the case.

We ended up buying a Newmar from a private seller, but I would buy from PPL for a future rig or for parts.
Infomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
We sold our first coach through them and it was pretty painless save their efforts to list it low. We argued, they agreed and it sold the following weekend.
GRedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #14

Recommended.

We bought our 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R at the Cleburne location last year. As others have stated, the ability to spend as much time browsing their inventory as you'd like is very handy. Once we had our selections narrowed down to just two units, we came in a day later and spent about an hour going through each unit before we took a test drive. The fact that the salesmen don't shadow you while you're browsing is great. They have a good selection of units. They are all consignments (used).

The purchase was easy, and the negotiations with the owner/seller went quickly. Since we paid cash I can't speak for financing. There was no pressure to upsell or add-on any services or accessories.

We shop their store first when looking for parts and/or accessories. Their prices are competitive.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes