Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Pre delivery inspection and advice

Tomorrow is the day I take delivery of a new 2013 Tiffin Zephyr. I have gleaned so much information from all of you here in making my purchase decision. I have a few predetermined checklists I've found online but anything specific that all my expert Class A motor home friends on here can advise as possibly a nuance or specific incident you encountered would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #2

Have the dealer check the torque on the lug nuts.

Take your time, take notes, take pictures or even a video as the salesman guides you through the PDI. Video is best.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ask the dealer if you can stay in it overnight at the lot or go a t neaby RV park. Use every (EVERY) device over and over. Make a list give it to them after breakfast. My dealer insisted on this and jumped on any adjustments, repairs or training i needed ASAP.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Check out RV Pre-purchase delivery threat in this group. Good information and links. On iPhone and can't figure how to link to it. There is a sticky out there too you could look for but is in the thread I mentioned.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Check out RV Pre-purchase delivery threat in this group. Good information and links. On iPhone and can't figure how to link to it. There is a sticky out there too you could look for but is in the thread I mentioned.

I found it myopic are right. Great info
Old 11-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdostal View Post
Tomorrow is the day I take delivery of a new 2013 Tiffin Zephyr. I have gleaned so much information from all of you here in making my purchase decision. I have a few predetermined checklists I've found online but anything specific that all my expert Class A motor home friends on here can advise as possibly a nuance or specific incident you encountered would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
wow Iam jealous. I think Chief has a very good idea assuming you already have a good understanding about newer 4 slide style diesel pushers
take your time for whole day and try and retry everything
ESPECIALLY Slide Operation and Auto leveing system
Also to note water leaks are the most commen complaint,Seems like the connections dont get real tight at factory and seem to come loose during delivery trip
Hook up full water pressure before ever leaving the dealer and CHECK all connections for water leaks !!!!!!!!!!
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
[QUOTE="rdostal;1384989"]

I found it. Great info
Old 11-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Glad you did! Good luck and congrats!!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
T minus 5 hours to PDI got my lists out and meeting a good friend Mike (workbgone from this forum) to help me. Amazing people on this site. I only met Mike a few months ago on here and now he's coming from Shreveport to Houston to meet and look at my new coach. People on here are simply amazing!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Like I said in that other post - don't let em rush ya. They're deep in your wallet and this is one of the best times/ways to get your money's worth!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congratulations on a great coach! That being said the best advice given was, find a camp ground near the dealer, spend a minimum of three days, use every system, and I mean every system, lights interior exterior, flip every button, take notes go back and forth to the dealer with questions until you are some what comfortable. In a year most likely you will know 85 percent of your coach. Most of all enjoy the moment!!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #12

Best advice so far, don't get rushed. I allowed the Delivery Technician to rush me through, and I have regretted it since. I purchased on October 24, 2012 and as of this date 11/30/2012 I am still dealing with PDI issues.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #13

Excellent point. Don't allow yourself to be rushed out the door.

Despite the fact that it is shiny and new, soak it. Do not assume it is waterproof just because it should be. Check windows and along roof lines for even the tiniest drop of water.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
Ask the dealer if you can stay in it overnight at the lot or go a t neaby RV park. Use every (EVERY) device over and over. Make a list give it to them after breakfast. My dealer insisted on this and jumped on any adjustments, repairs or training i needed ASAP.
The over nite (or longer) stay is a must!
I found the PDI a case of information overload. Doing the PDI and then camping the rig for a night or two is the only way to go.
Run every system, inspect every door closure, take your time. Make a list of how-too's that was not cover or you need more information on.
It will help you in the long run.
By all means, do not leave the dealership until all issues are resolved!
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote