Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2021, 09:47 AM   #1

Prefilling Oasis Filter??

Finally got my Oasis service kit in, and was reviewing a video on annual Oasis service and cleaning .... and the video I happened to catch had the guy filling the new filter with diesel from the old filter, AND just pouring the fluid into the center hole on the new filter (which is a BAD IDEA for the engine filter, but I suppose is not as critical for the Oasis).

However, in my continued prep of this new rig for the road, I did yesterday pick up some Diesel Kleen to use to fill the engine fuel filter should the need arise.

QUESTION - can that same Diesel Kleen be used to prefill the Oasis fuel filter .... or is it not flammable enough, and might be likely to gum up the inside of the oasis burner combustion chamber????
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2021, 10:52 AM   #2

Following.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:23 PM   #3

I called ITR a few years ago & they said not to. In my case I had already installed the Oasis filter with diesel kleen but hadn't run the system. They advised me to pour it out & reinstall with diesel so I did.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:59 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I would use the Diesel Kleen in an engine emergency where I needed to fill on the side of the road, but not in the case of the Oasis. You have time to get a small jug of diesel fuel and fill the filter. I use my fat thumb to plug the center hole and fill the new filter from the outer edges.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I would use the Diesel Kleen in an engine emergency where I needed to fill on the side of the road, but not in the case of the Oasis. You have time to get a small jug of diesel fuel and fill the filter. I use my fat thumb to plug the center hole and fill the new filter from the outer edges.

Thanks don. I think I will get a jug of heating kerosine. I can always use the remainder in tiki torches in the back yard :-)
Old 05-08-2021, 10:22 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Never understood why someone would pour fuel out of a dirty filter, into a new !
Old 05-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Traveler View Post
Thanks don. I think I will get a jug of heating kerosine. I can always use the remainder in tiki torches in the back yard :-)
There is a post on here about adding a small gauge to the Oasis, that tells you when the flow drops and the filter needs replacing. Here's the link...

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/how...ng-484942.html
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
oasis