Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2021, 06:40 PM   #1

Pretty good price on 265/75R22.5 Toyo M154s

I been looking for tires for a couple weeks and this deal popped up today on Amazon. Figured I would share. 5% Cashback with Amazon card as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VVTMCPL/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dude47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
It might not matter, might be just me, you might get great tires this way, but I like to pick out my tires, and have the tire store responsible and accessible if one or more doesn't meet my expectations. For that reason I won’t buy on line, even if the discount is considerable.

Last time I bought coach tires was for my 2010 Bay Star and we went through nine tires to find six good ones, road-force balancing each one. Took half a day but was worth it. Then one seemed to have a defect after a couple months and I was able to go back to the semi-local shop and get a new one. Bargains on tires are not worth the potential hassle for me especially for tires that I will own for seven or eight years.

This is pretty much a one-time purchase for me (I’ll change coaches before they wear out) and the goal is safely, handling and comfort all in one, so I won’t compromise. I’ll probably get Toyo M177s next time, which will save me a chunk of change, but only because my research tells me they will serve me better - not because they are cheaper.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:41 PM   #3

They were delivered already today via UPS. Manufacturing date was 6 weeks or so they aren't old. I plan on using beads to balance them as I have done in the past successfully. Amazon has always been amazing when customer service is involved and I am sure I will have no issues. 6 new Toyo M154s will end up costing my around $2400 mounted. Reviews on here for the M154s seem to be good. I have ordered tires online for the last 10 years and it tends to save me a good chunk of change and I have never had any issues. Just curious what brand tires were you having a problem with and what was the issue? Just wouldn't balance?
Old 12-05-2021, 05:14 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude47 View Post
They were delivered already today via UPS. Manufacturing date was 6 weeks or so they aren't old. I plan on using beads to balance them as I have done in the past successfully. Amazon has always been amazing when customer service is involved and I am sure I will have no issues. 6 new Toyo M154s will end up costing my around $2400 mounted. Reviews on here for the M154s seem to be good. I have ordered tires online for the last 10 years and it tends to save me a good chunk of change and I have never had any issues. Just curious what brand tires were you having a problem with and what was the issue? Just wouldn't balance?
They were Goodyears - I was going with the same tires that were on it originally. The ones I rejected at the shop wouldn't balance without excessive weight. The one that failed apparently was starting to separate. It was a mistake to buy Goodyear and apparently many people have had problems with them.

My current coach has Michelins and at 5 years old they were starting to crack enough to give me some concerns. Hence considering Toyo or Continental. And the savings for Toyo is considerable. That alone wouldn’t make me switch, but there are many here, like yourself, perfectly satisfied with them.

Ive thought about ordering on line a few times over the years - just never made the leap. Maybe its time.....
Old 12-05-2021, 06:03 AM   #5

I don't want 600 pounds of tires delivered to my front door. Then what?
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:12 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vseasport View Post
I don't want 600 pounds of tires delivered to my front door. Then what?
get out the irons and go to work! Im sure most folks find a friendly installer and pay a nominal fee for installation and balancing.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
get out the irons and go to work! Im sure most folks find a friendly installer and pay a nominal fee for installation and balancing.
Yeah, kinda. Still need to get them off the front porch until coordinating that friendly installed to pick them up. I prefer to find a friendly tire dealer that will price match or come close. No hassle factor has value.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:07 PM   #8

KZ RV Club
What load range are these TOYO M154 265/75R22.5 138L G/14 M154 TL It appears to be G, which is 14 ply. My coach calls for load range J, but I am putting load range H.
jimwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:41 PM   #9

$20 a tire and a local shop swapped them out. I just put them in the coach and took them with me to the shop. I couldn't find anyplace that would match the price. All said and done saved me about $450 over the best price I was quoted. They are rated at 5200lbs each for fronts and 4800lbs each for rear.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:38 AM   #10

Official iRV2 Sponsor

In response to your comment...
What is the original tire size that was on the coach new.
If the ply was 18 -- that suggests a 275/70R22.5. (the 265/75R22.5 are NOT 18 plys)
Please look at the documentation that came with the coach ...
Safe travels to you and your family
Old 12-07-2021, 07:42 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_TireMan View Post
If the ply was 18 -- that suggests a 275/70R22.5. (the 265/75R22.5 are NOT 18 plys)
In the Toyo data book, they indicate that these replace 275/70 22.5 but they are .4” narrower and .4” taller. As noted above the max load is considerably less than Michelin XZ line 275/70’s and max pressure is 110psi.

So while the size would fit as a replacement, the load capability isnt the same, and as usual, one needs to know the weight and look at the load charts. These tires are probably suitable for gas Class A coaches with 22.5 wheels.

But the post got me looking at on-line tire purchasing. Amazon is too cumbersome to try and search out a specific tire size and manufacturer (for me anyway) but there are a lot of on-line tire sales sites so Im considering the possibility.

Toyo data book:
https://www.toyotires.com/media/3313..._v18-42419.pdf
Old 12-07-2021, 08:23 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I use a tire shop for all my tires. I get good prices, I don't have to touch them, and I get better future service.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_TireMan View Post
Original tires spec'd for my DP are 255/80R22.5 load index 138/135L 5205lbs single, which only come in a Michelin tire.

The Toyo's are the same load rating, slightly smaller diameter and a little wider footprint. Sounds like a common swap out for the 255/80R22.5.

With 10,400lbs capacity on the front and 19,200 on the rear (same as factory) I would think they are fine for the average DP.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:14 AM   #14

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
In the Toyo data book, they indicate that these replace 275/70 22.5 but they are .4” narrower and .4” taller. As noted above the max load is considerably less than Michelin XZ line 275/70’s and max pressure is 110psi.

So while the size would fit as a replacement, the load capability isnt the same, and as usual, one needs to know the weight and look at the load charts. These tires are probably suitable for gas Class A coaches with 22.5 wheels.

But the post got me looking at on-line tire purchasing. Amazon is too cumbersome to try and search out a specific tire size and manufacturer (for me anyway) but there are a lot of on-line tire sales sites so Im considering the possibility.

Toyo data book:
https://www.toyotires.com/media/3313..._v18-42419.pdf
Walmart on line, those sold by Walmart are usually the best price. There are other venders that sell on Walmart, but I always buy from walmart.com
jimwaters is offline   Reply With Quote