Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2021, 04:52 PM   #1

Prevost Legendary Coach

I did a search on this forum and could not find anything on Prevost Legendary coaches. I know only a few were built. I have been looking at an 2008 and wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks
Fman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2021, 06:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fman View Post
I did a search on this forum and could not find anything on Prevost Legendary coaches. I know only a few were built. I have been looking at an 2008 and wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks
Try searching "Prevost" beautiful coaches

greg

Crud seen you did spell it correctly ...doh
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:07 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I think "Legendary" is an adjective used on RVT.com and rvtrader.com to describe any Prevost-based motorhome. I've never heard of a Prevost coach converter named Legendary.

Some of the better known brands of Prevost-based motorcoaches are Marathon, Featherlite & Vogue, Liberty, Millenium, and Parliament. Country Coach made them too, when they were in business. Foretravel now makes a coach on the Prevost bus chassis as well.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I believe Legendary was the brand started by the fellow who sold Marathon Coach a few years after the sale. I believe they went down in 08/09. You might try asking Andrew Steele as I recall he did a video interview talking about them. Perhaps check YouTube S well.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:59 AM   #5

Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Nickels View Post
I believe Legendary was the brand started by the fellow who sold Marathon Coach a few years after the sale. I believe they went down in 08/09. You might try asking Andrew Steele as I recall he did a video interview talking about them. Perhaps check YouTube S well.

Legendary was the real thing & i have seen a YouTube video that Andrew Steele did with one of the principles from Legendary and they did go out of business right at the beginning of the recession. They only built 25-30 coaches.

I have a chance to purchase one and was hoping someone on the forum had some experience with them..Thanks
Fman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:36 AM   #6

I would assume the systems and design would be similar to Marathon. I would not be scared of it. Just make sure you know the condition of the bus and you have access to a good shop that knows buses and systems.
Prof_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:43 AM   #7

Fman,

Your best bet is to join "PrevostCommunity.com". You will find all of the information that you will ever want to know.

You have to join but it's free. Every member is checked to avoid spammers.

I had a 2015 Prevost built in 2014. At the time, I was wavering between a Newell or Prevost and they gave me invaluable information.

I recently sold my Prevost Liberty Coach to downsize. I did love it for the 6.5 yrs. that I owned it as I put almost 63,000 miles on it.

Good luck,
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:13 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post
I recently sold my Prevost Liberty Coach to downsize.
You take Downsizing seriously! Switching to a Class B is quite the adjustment.