Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2019, 10:45 PM   #1

Privacy Curtains

Need to replace the "Pull Around" curtains at the front of our Bounder.

Having a hard time finding them. Has anybody replaced theirs? Or does anybody where I can look?

I need 2 pieces that are 120 inches by 36 inches, prefer some pleats and a dark fabric.

Thanks.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #2

I found a couple places when I googled RV curtains but they were pretty expensive. We just washed and dried ours and Remington them.
lnicols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #3

Rehung not Remington
lnicols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:27 PM   #4

Ours are light weight and almost transparent. Saw some that are darker but, of course "No Longer Available". :(
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:41 PM   #5

go to a fabric store.

go to a fabric store and ask if anyone will sew you some curtains. Somestores have bulletin boards with business cards.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:53 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Stranger.... like most RVs, your Bounder was built in northern Indiana. I guarantee you that Fleetwood bought those drapes from some local manufacturer. And I’m sure there are a host of other curtain and upholstery shops in that area that do all sorts of aftermarket work on all different motor homes.
Aim your Google search within a 50 mile radius of Elkhart.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #7

We ordered micro fiber blackout curtains from Home Depot. Cut the rod rings off the top and hemmed the edge. Turned it sideways, added pleating tape from Jo-Ann. Stitched pleats in...hang them.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #8

There's nothing magical about the privacy curtains. Depending on your budget, just take the old ones to a local drapery shop and tell them you want them to make new ones. You can pick your fabric and add as much darkening as you want.

I made my own, using the old ones as a pattern. The fabric came from Jo Ann (used my coupons to get the biggest discount I could). They carry both the upholstery fabric and the blackout liners.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:50 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here are 2 sources. DW made ours

http://www.dyersonline.com/gary-manu...ld-drapes.html

https://www.activervupholstery.com/c...-curtains.html
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #10

Privacy curtains plus insulation

I don’t know where you travel, but my coach has lived from Minnesota and northern Wisconsin to Death Valley. The curtains provide insulation as much as privacy. I use a double layer, with patterned white on the outside and brown (matches the cabin interior) on the inside. They may be draped over the dash so the white is near the window glass, while the backing brown lies across the inside of the dash, providing a foot (+ or -) of separation and insulation.
Bob F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:55 AM   #11

We've had the pleated curtains, and really don't like them -- they're a pain to retract and refold so I can put the retaining strap around them (plus the bottom edge got SO dirty from the dashboard). So DW made 4 curtain panels out of a dark cloth and ran a light drapery cord through the top hem. I screwed 5 cup hooks into the frame over the windshield and front side windows, tied loops on the cord, and hang them when we stop for the night, slide 'em back in the morning for light if we're staying put or take 'em down if we're gonna drive. Simple, easy, cheap.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #12

We took olds one off ,very easy to do. Purchased material that we liked and took to a local seamstress. She charged $60.00 we gave her $100.00 and rehung ourselves. Again easy to do. They look better than new . We did have a heavy liner that keeps them neat and straight. I am not a DYI but thanks to this site I starting to try new things.
Massanutten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:55 PM   #13
Community Administrator

We had ours backed with blackout material . A local seamstress did the sewing.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	256798

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #14

Walmart carries a multitude of colors, patterns, designs and fabrics. About $15 to $20 per panel, you will need 2.

These har blackout curtains that hang on the vertical, all you have to do is hang them horizontal and POW!, brand new blackout curtains!.....

Good luck with the project!....

Come back and tell us what worked for you!...

P.s.
Amazon sells even more choices, I prefer Walmart because I can feel and walk out with them!.....
gonzzo is offline   Reply With Quote